Chapter 3

Lily finally arrived, lugging her suitcases and junk into Jay's cabin. Jay, in her short white skirt and tank top, rushed out to help Lily, grabbing a suitcase and a couple of bags. She heaved the bags onto her shoulders, holding them study with one hand, the other hanging on to Lily's suitcase.

"Geez, Lil, whatcha got in here?!" Jay panted, slamming the junk onto her bed.

"Enough to last me for a while," Lily replied. "Not enough?"

"No," Jay shook her head. "More than enough."

Lily nodded. Jay flopped down on her back on top of the bed, sighing. Lily put her hands on her hips and looked down at Jay. "Do I get a hug, or what?" She asked, raising her eyebrows. Jay got up and threw her arms around Lily, embracing her in a cuddly bear hug.

"I missed you so much.." Jay said quietly.

"I missed you, too. It's been too long."

"I know it has, but at least you're here now and you can stay with us for a few days."

"Yeah, it'll be great, just wait and see!"

"It already is, Lily." Jay said. Lily hugged her tighter before letting go. Jay looked at her, her bluish-gray eyes smiling happily, a grin on her face.

"Alright, now lets go put our bags in my car," Jay said, winking.

"Oh my God, I forgot about Baby!" Lily gasped. "How is she?"

"Better than ever. She's all fixed up and ready to go. She's perfect. Best car ever. And I love her to death!" Jay said happily.

"I wanna see her!" Lily said, jumping and clapping her hands.

"Okay, let's go." Jay said, smiling.

They head out the door, walking to the backyard and around the side if the house where a long vehicle was parked, covered by a big blue tarp.

"You ready?" Jay asked, winking.

"Yes! Yes! Lift it up! Lift it up!" Lily squeaked.

"Okay," Jay said, pulling the tarp off.

Underneath the blue tarp was a shiny black 1967 Chevrolet Impala, four door, leather interior, double headlights, automatic transition, stick shift, cassette player, radio. The whole nine yards.

"She's.. Old.." Lily said.

"No she isn't!" Jay retorted. "She's beautiful. She gently rubbed the hood of the car, smiling at it.

"Don't listen to her, Baby, she doesn't understand us."