Chapter 4

After the bags were put into Jay's and her parents' cars, everyone was ready to go.

"I call shotgun!" Lily said, racing to Baby and opening the passenger side door. She slid into the front seat, sticking out her bottom lip as she examined the inside of the Impala.

"Not bad, huh?" Jay asked, stepping into the driver's seat. Lily looked up at her from where she was turned around, looking at the backseat.

"Could be better." Lily shrugged. Jay rolled her eyes.

"Baby is better than perfect," Jay said. "Do you remember how long I've been wanting this car?"

"Yes," Lily replied matter-of-factly, turning around to face Jay. "Since we were kids and you first laid eyes on it. That was when you introduced me to Supernatural."

"Yes it was. Figured I might as well name it Baby."

Lily laughed. "Sure, if that's what you want her name to be."

Jay nodded, smiling. She tapped the dashboard.

"Ready to take a ride, Baby?" She asked, putting the key in the ignition and turning it. She smiled widely as the Impala started up. "Listen to her pure! Have you ever heard anything so lovely?"

Lily raised an eyebrow. "Yes, in fact, I have."

Jay stuck her tongue out at her. "Whatever."

They pulled out of the driveway, cruising along the forest path that led to the highway and back.

"She rides good and the AC and heater work perfectly well. Oh, and so does the radio," Jay said, winking.

She slipped in a tape she had tucked under her seat. She cranked it up, blaring AC/DC's "Thunderstruck", as they rode the highway for a while. Lily rolled her eyes, smiling.

"You've been... Thunderstruck!" Jay sang, tapping the steering wheel to the rhythm of the song. Lily tapped on the dashboard, bobbing her head up and down.

They returned to the cabin, both laughing and smiling at each other. Jay tapped the hood of the car. "Good job, Baby."

The girls strode into the house, both grinning.

"How'd it go?" Jay's mom asked.

"Awesome," Jay replied. "Baby did perfect."

"She's a good car," she nodded. "What do you think Lily?"

"I think she's a pretty good car, too," Lily said, smiling at Jay, who smiled warmly back.