Chapter 9

Jay woke up with Lily next to her. She slowly moved off the bed, her feet silent on the hardwood floor. She walked to her duffel bag, pulling out her long blue and black dress, slipping it on. It split below her right knee and all the way down to where it ended just above her foot. She smiled as she pulled on her high heeled cowboy boots. She was careful not to wake Lily up, grabbing a pair of random earrings, a bracelet, and a necklace. She left the room quietly, shutting the door gently behind her.

After a few minutes of searching, she finally found the kitchen. She walked over to a little stool next to the kitchen's bar. Viktor was behind the bar, cleaning a wine glass like a bartender without the apron. He looked at Jay with wide eyes.

"Wow, cous, you look good," he said, winking.

"Can it, Vik, we're related." Jay replied, smiling softly at the compliment.

Viktor smiled back, putting the glass on the bar. He leaned up against it, putting both arms on the bar as he looked at Jay.

"What's your poison?" Viktor asked.

"Pina Colada, on the rocks, virgin please."

Viktor smiled, turning around and opening the cabinet behind him. It was full of over 50 bottles of all kinds of different alcoholic drinks. He looked through it, then, with a quick motion of his hands, he grabbed a bottle and the glass on the bar. He poured the drink in the glass. Jay got up.

"Let me know when it's ready, Vik." She told him, walking away.

"Sure thing!" Viktor called.

Jay walked through the hallways, looking at the paintings and such that hung on the walls. A man in a suit walked past her.

"Ms. Markin," he said, nodding to her.

"Uh.. Yeah, Mr..."

"Frank. I am the boys' butler."

"Oh, hi Mr. Frank."

"Greetings. Can I do anything for you?"

"Nope, I'm good," Jay replied. "Nice meeting you."

"Same here."

"Your drink is ready!" Viktor called from the kitchen.

"Okay!" Jay called back. She walked to the kitchen again, taking her drink from Viktor. "Thanks, Vik. You're a lifesaver."

"You're welcome," he replied. "Hope you like it."

Jay took a swig. She closed her eyes, savoring the sweet Pina Colada she was holding. She opened her eyes.

"Wow, Vik, this is amazing!"

"Thanks. It's my specialty. Dmitry says it's horrible."

"Don't listen to him, Vik. This is the best thing I've ever drank in my entire life."

Viktor grinned. "Thanks, Jay."