Chapter 11

Once I had calmed myself down I went back inside the house. I kept telling myself to stop thinking about him but I couldn't shake the way his hands had roamed my body or the way he had taken over control of that kiss. But there was no use in caring for someone like that, especially when I had to worry about others those who were actually important in my life. 

"What did he want?" Aiden pulled me out of my thoughts and I gave him a questioning look, still daydreaming. "Why was he here?" He asked irritated.

I had to clear my throat so that I wouldn't give any of my still stunned and shocked expression away. "Um he came by to give me the schedule for Friday." I tried to keep the details to a minimum since Leo and Gabriel had no idea that I raced and I didn't want them to ever find out. This was only a temporary thing, to get a little saved up for them.  

Aiden still looked upset, not at all satisfied by my response. I didn't blame him. He was very protective when it came to other guys but I know that Hunter bothered him even more than most. "That's total b.s., theres no way he didn't know that you were already going to get it without him coming over to give it to you. I don't even understand why he feels comfortable coming to your place. I'm going to have to have a talk with him on Friday." I could tell he was beginning to get himself even more worked up and I did't want anything to happen on race day so I attempted to calm him down.

"Aiden, there's no point. He's not important." I'm not sure if I said this more for his benefit or my own, trying to convince myself. 

Aiden sighed and agreed. Thankfully Leo was too busy on his ipad while Gabriel played with his action figures. I was happy that they were able to be in their own fantasy world, unbothered by everything going around them. I wanted to make sure that they had as normal of a life as possible, at least taking into consideration the circumstances. 

Once they were done eating and got ready for school, Aident volunteered to take Leo to school, who complained the whole time wanting to walk to school with his friends who I had yet to meet. Gabe also had daycare today so I was able to have a little time before class. I decided to go to the gym and try to release all of the recent pent up anxiety and energy. 

I dressed as quickly as possible with all black clothing and a baggie hoodie, not wanting to attract any attention. Once I arrived I went straight to the back and hopped on the treadmill. Happy that the gym was mostly empty seeing as it was only 9 in the morning and most people came at night. I turned on my music, put on my headphones, and started running. I tried to lose myself and only focus on running as fast as possible but I kept thinking of the kiss that I had received from an undeniably attractive green eyed man. The way he had picked me up and ran his rough yet soft hands along my body. I couldn't shake the feeling off of me, wanting more of his kisses and his roaming hands, but I had to. I couldn't be distracted by someone who so obviously only wanted one thing. I had more important things to focus on, my brothers, class and the race coming up. So I finished off running with that thought in mind. 

Slowing down the speed, I began cooling off and realized then that someone was next to me in the treadmill. A 40 or so year old man who kept glancing my way, and in a manner that was not very discrete. Out of all the 10 or so empty running machines he had to have chosen the one next to me. This is why I hated coming to the gym by myself. At least when I came with Aiden every one kept their distance. Satisfied with my 3 mile run I hopped off, but not before the creep next to me took one last glance. I made a point to stare straight into his eyes and grimaced, letting him know he was being gross. He at least had the decency to look away embarrassed. Men will stare at anything with two legs and two boobs, I can't understand it. 

I took an hour and a half longer at the gym, pushing myself. By the time I left the gym my entire body was shaking and sweating. I'm sure now no one in their right mind would want to look my way. Finally getting home I was able to shower and head to school, dreading the long day. As expected, my classes dragged on. 

It wasn't until I picked up Gabe from daycare at 4 that I finally was able to give a sigh of relief. No matter what, he always brightened my day with his innocent smile and chubby cheeks. Leo was home by the time we arrived, but he stayed in his room as he had been doing recently. I was hoping that he would only be in his rebellious faze, at least for Leo, only temporarily. Now I was getting concerned. 

The rest of the week went on much the same. Aiden and I were back to normal and I couldn't have been happier. I didn't receive any more unexpected visits from a certain someone and I tried to distract myself as much as possible to avoid thinking about him. 

Friday couldn't have come slower, but I didn't have any classes so I had all day to prepare for the race later in the night.