Chapter 45

Cici's POV

When we got back to school, it seemed like everything changed-and not in a good way.

Everything did change.

Many people that I thought would never date, were dating. My best friends were still single-for the most part. Julie started talking and flirting with this guy named Jacob, and I'm 99% sure they are going to get together.

Enough about the drama and latest news...everything seemed to fly by. Classes, hours, days, weeks, MONTHS, and before I knew it, it was already the end of the school year!!!! I couldn't believe it! It was like the same thing everyday, but repeated. Day after day. It was too boring for me.

The last day of school, I asked Cassidy, "Do you think this school year went by fast? Or is it just me?"

She looked at me as if I was crazy, "No. You're crazy. It's been dragging so much, I feel like I've been stuck in jail for 10 years!"

"Oh" I walked to the Jeep and sat in there, thinking. I'm going to be a junior next year. This flew by a little fast. Too fast. I dropped the subject as I realized there were tears coming out of my eyes.

"OH MY GOSH WHATS WRONG?" Shawn asked as he jumped in the vehicle.

"Did this year fly by to you?"

"Not really. Why?" He asked.

"I am the only one. What's wrong with me? I'm going to be a junior next year and you'll be a senior! (GUYS I FORGOT WHAT GRADE I PUT SHAWN IN THIS BOOK!! Just pretend he'll be a senior.) Time is going by too fast and I feel like I'll be graduating soon and you will be too and I don't want you leaving. Then I'll have my while life ahead of me, and I'm not ready for it!"

I felt his large and muscular arms wrap around me and squeeze me. "You're making this too complicated. It's all going to work out and you'll figure out how to survive without me for a year. I might not even go to college! I'm planning on touring and doing concerts. But I want you going to college. You will study something amazing and make great money-incase your husband doesn't make that much. I love you, Cici, and it's all going to work. I promise."

"Thanks, Shawn, I love you too!" Gosh he's such a amazing brother. His wife is going to be super lucky, if he'll let any girls into his life.

I need to start filling out college applications and try to get scholarships!

When we got home, I went on my MacBook and searched some colleges that are in the state. My laptop froze and the screen came up as, Hayes 🍑 would like to FaceTime. I forgot that it was linked to all my apple products. I accepted it and he looked like he was crying a little. I opened my eyes really wide and he sniffed in.

"Hayes." I say and he nods.

"What's wrong?" I say and he hesitates.

"I think I'm having a mid to mid life crisis. In 2 years, we are going to be graduated and then we have college and then our life. That is so scary to me!" His face got redder.

"Oh my gosh I was just thinking that and Shawn talked to me about it! You wanna know what he told me?" He nodded.

"He said that it's all going to work out and worrying is overrated, "I added that part, "and the best part is, we are going to have a life!! We're going to get married and have children and make money just like everyone else. It's all apart of life."

"When you said WE as in WE will have children, who are you talking about?" He asks with hopeful eyes.

I squinted at him for ruining my beautiful speech and said, "I mean whoever we end up with."

He made the o shape with his mouth and I could tell he was walking. "Where are you headed?" I ask, curious.

"Your house." He says calmly. He hung up and I realized my room was a mess. I threw my clothes on the floor in my dirty clothes hamper and put my shoes in the closet. I pulled my comforter over my bed so it looked like I had made it and rearranged the pillows. The doorbell rang and I yelled, "I GOT IT!"

Standing outside my door was Hayes. I was hoping Nash was there, since he was coming home for the summer. When he left for LA with Cameron, it was heart wrenching. I missed Nash terribly and couldn't wait for him to get home.

"Let's go upstairs. I have to show you what I'm doing." I say. He follows me up to my room and we sit on my bed. I put my laptop on my bed I front of us and he sees that I'm looking at colleges.

"Oh wow. I didn't think of that yet." He says.

"Yeah I was thinking I should start now and get applications in. Do you know what you want to do?" I ask.

"I have no idea. What about you?"

"Psychologist or something with teenagers. I wanna help them through the tough times of being a teen. Cuz they definitely suck. " I say thinking about what Hayes could be.

"Maybe I'll get a degree in entertainment and I could become an actor or something. I dunno." He suggests. 

"Yeah that sounds like you."

We spent the rest of the afternoon printing out and filling out applications. Mainly ones in the state, but few out of state.

Hayes left around 7 or 8 and I was pooped. I had to write essays and fill out papers. I showed my mom and Shawn and they were both very proud, which made me happy.

GUYS I HAVE A HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT! I'll write it in the next part...😉