Best Friends

[Edited]

"She's not that bad Y/N." Justin said while running his fingers through his hair.

I rolled my eyes at his words. Of course he wouldn't notice how terrible his fiancé was. He was practically head over heels for her which made it even more difficult for him to notice my own feelings for him.

"You know she doesn't like me right?" I asked before leaning over and grabbing the perfume off my dresser.

"Wait, she told you that?"

"I mean she really doesn't need to. She rolls her eyes whenever I say something and when she sees you and I hanging out she sends me these weird.... I don't know.... glares like their suppose to do something."

"She probably has something in her eyes Y/N. Maybe you're just looking at her at the wrong time."

What is he even talking about?

I turned around and stared at Justin before raising my eyebrow.

"What? Justin that makes no sense. Why are you making excuses for her?"

I watched him as he shook his head before grabbing his keys and leaving the room.

I hated this.

I hated feeling like this especially about someone who probably didn't even feel the same.

I wanted to tell him the truth so badly but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I mean how in the world was I suppose to tell my best friend that I was in love with him a week before his wedding?

I just couldn't. I would look like a complete idiot. And as much as I wanted to be with him, I had to step back and respect his relationship.

I finished styling my braids and stood up from my chair before walking over to the mirror and making sure everything was in place.

Without a second thought, I walked downstairs and tried to digest what was really happening.

I was going to watch my best friend marry the "the girl of his dreams" and I was stuck here wondering why it wasn't me.

**********

I felt my heart sink as I stepped foot inside the crowded building with Justin by my side.

The building was packed with people I had never seen before and I was beginning to get frustrated with so many people bumping into me.

I suddenly felt Justin's arms around my waist as we moved through the tight crowd trying to find his future wife.

When we finally stumbled upon her, she instantly wrapped her arms around Justin's neck and placed a small kiss on his lips before looking over at me and smiling.

I pretended as if I didn't see her and turned my attention back to Justin who seemed angry.

"Elizabeth, who are all these people? We agreed that we would only invite family members and close friends." He said

"Baby, these are all my family and friends." She said

Justin shook his head and removed her hands from his neck before looking over at me.

"Y/N, do you want anything to drink?" He asked

"I-"

"Jay, I'm sorry okay? Please don't be mad at me." She interrupted

I sent her a quick glare hoping she would get the hint that her rudeness was not tolerated.

A sigh left Justin's lips before he pulled her into his chest and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Just please tell me who you're inviting next time." He said

"I will." She replied before wrapping her arms around his waist and smiling.

I felt my heart shatter a bit as I watched them express their love to each other.

I quickly cleared my throat and excused myself from the scene hoping to prevent any tears from leaving my eyes.

A/N: i will definitely do a part two for this imagine. i also want apologize for the ending.

-Sophie