Deux Ivrognes

Deux Ivrognes, Two Drunkards

~ Evie Frye ~

"Thank you ma'am."

"Have a good day," I say to the merchant. I take the bag and leave. I'm sure a pair of new breeches and some hair tighteners won't break the bank. The midday sun had taken it's spot over London, and it was one of those rare occasions where the ashy clouds that often plagued London were on leave. The welcomed light spread to what seemed like every inch of the busy street I was currently touring. I spot a market stand of fruit. Considering I hadn't eaten breakfast, I bought an apple and ate it while I walked.

I know that Jacob and (Y/N) had not come home last night. I was worried at first but I know now that (Y/N) can handle herself. And as for Jacob, well he spends more nights out than on the train. I eventually walked back to the station to the train after walking along the Thames. When I got to the train, it was just about ready to leave, when I heard people yelling. I walked over and looked at what they were yelling at and someone had shown the railway no mercy in discarding their stomachs content. I grimaced and got on to the train.

"Jacob?! (Y/N)?!" I yell out. No answer. I call out a few more times but still no answer. I walk through all the compartments. I get to Jacob's compartment, which the door is normally shut, but on this fine day, was open. I walk in to see Jacob draped across a long seat, however there was someone else underneath his resting head. (Y/N). The train started to move, they jolted a little but no doubt too hungover to care. I shook my head and walked back to my own desk. I sat down and looked at my newly acquired information regarding The Shroud. I can feel I'm getting close. I heard someone make an unsavory sound, but I figured it was just Jacob. I shrugged it off and returned to my work. I turn to my bookcase to find a file, and see an arrangement of flowers with a note. They're from Henry. I smile, as I admire the bright yellow sunflowers with some daises.

~ (Y/N) ~

I was awake at the continued pounding in my head. I felt my stomach start to churn and I quickly opened my eyes in panic. I quickly looked around the room to find something, anything that I could find refuge in. I suddenly felt something rush up my throat and I got up. I woke up Jacob, but I was preoccupied at the moment. I ran got up and covered my mouth.

"In the corner." Jacob pointed, barley consciously, at the corner of the room. I ran over and threw up the previous evening's entertainment. I kneel in front of the bucket and I threw up again. I felt someone rubbing my back as comfort. I also see a glass of water being handed to me. Jacob was rubbing my back and offering my water. I give a weak smile to the towering man and take the water.

"There you go. As they always say, better out than in," Jacob says sympathetically, still rubbing my back.

"Charming." I stop kneeling and sit on the floor. Jacob stops rubbing my back and takes the now empty glass off me.

"I mean, thank you," I say in course and unappealing voice. He laughs and then puts his hand on his head in pain. I hear footsteps approaching, rather loud ones in my hungover opinion. We see Evie appear in the door way looking at us.

"Drinking on the job? I didn't know that the Vetrollis couple were esteemed alcoholics," she utters while shaking her head.

"Hey, not so loud sister dearest," says Jacob rather annoyed. Evie handed us some pills that were marked 'Earls Drunken Remedy'.

"Take these and stay out of trouble. There are more Templars arriving in London soon and you two need to take care of them" she says in a matter-of-factly voice. I swallow the pills and say thank you. She turns to leave but she turns around first.

"Thank you for last night. I hear that the two of you played a convincing married couple. Meanwhile I found what I needed, so your help was much appreciated" with that being said, she left. I was blushing a little but I'm sure the vomiting was the cause.

"Here, I'm sure you want one" Jacob handed me a mint. I open my mouth and chew it. I stood up and went back to the seat and laid down.

"Hey! That's mine! Go to your room," says Jacob in a annoyed and childish voice. I smile and close my eyes.

"It's too far away," I say, not looking at Jacob. Jacob laughs and picks me up.

"Hey! Put me down!" I say loudly while laughing.

"Ticklish?" he stays. He starts fidgeting with my stomach. I start laughing uncontrollably.

"J-Jacob, hah stop!" I say. He trips on something on the floor and loses his balance leading him to fall straight to the ground.

"Ouch," he mumbles. Luckily he had cushioned my fall. I fell straight on him.

"I would say sorry, but you started it," I say smiling. Jacob smirks and rolls his deep brown eyes. I look into his eyes for a moment, just a moment, and for that moment he stared back. I snapped out of it and got off him. He gets up and lays back on his seat. He rolls his eyes once more and pats the space next to him. I sit down and put my legs on his lap. He smiles and closes his eyes. As he drifts off, he puts one of his arms on my leg. I smile and close my eyes. He is such a child, but what if I was starting to fancy this child?