London, Trains and Jacob Frye

The sun was making its final appearance for the day, washing its final warmth across the Thames. I run my finger slowly along the spine of the dusted book. I was diverting my attention. At least I was pretending to. Due to the rise of desperate need, I had transferred to London, currently awaiting my conformation. I had come from my home country America and I was eager to start work in taking back London from the Templars; more specifically Crawford Starrick. I waited for some Blighters to arrive, handling cargo. Guns, more specifically. They were planning on taking the Bank of London as a prize and I was the lucky soul that was going to prevent it. I notice the Templars arriving, and I feel a smile creep onto my face. However, my smile soon fades when I notice someone watching me from the top of a nearby chapel. I decided to push the figure out of my head, as the cargo was leaving. I move into a nearby unoccupied carriage and followed the Blighters. I was getting close, but I was snapped out of my aura by someone jumping into my passenger seat.

"Who are you!" they demanded.

"Who are you?" I respond, both dodging a question and imposing a new one.

"I know you are following that cargo shipment." I can tell the person is a male now, because of his visibly wide shoulders and distinguished deep voice. I hear the imposition of a blade, and see it appear on the man's wrist. An Assassin? Well, Assassin or not, this man wasn't about to cut my life short. I took out my own blade and cut his cheek, not injuring him fatally, in case he is who he claims to be. While he winces in pain, I jump out of the moving carriage and grapple away. I watch the carriage crash and keep following the Templars on foot on the rooftops. I couldn't help but feel bad about the man, but I quickly shove my concerns to the side, as there were more urgent matters to attend to.

~ 8pm, Charing Cross Station ~

I look around for the woman described. Distinguishable red hair couldn't be that hard to spot in the icy grey city. She said she would be wearing her Assassin's gear, which just nailed the look into your mind. I continued to roam around until I found her wearing a black and red outfit. I approach her but do not look at her directly, due to her request.

"Is it done?" She asked me softly. I nod with a soft smile.

"And the guns?" She adds.

"Destroyed," I add, accepting a pleasing look from the fellow Assassin. She smiles and walks towards a train.

"Follow me" she says. I follow her around masses of people, being careful not to lose her as I was still very new to London and did not want to end up wondering the streets aimlessly and alone. We walked towards the train and entered it. Someone was evidently fond of the colour green, as it was sprawled in every which direction, from the walls to the cushions. I return my attention to the woman and see that she has taken off her hood.

"Evie Frye, pleasure to meet you," She extended her hand. I happily accept and shake it.

"(F/N) (L/N), and the pleasure is all mine," I say letting go of her hand. Upon closer inspection, I can see by the dark circles around Evie's watery blue eyes that she's obviously working around the clock. The faint formation of wrinkles also adds to my theory.

"I have been eagerly awaiting your arrival Ms. (L/N). Mr. Green has told me all about your extensive fighting knowledge and I am very great full for your presence here in London" She smiles and turns her attention to a pot of tea.

"You will be staying here on our train, I have added a carriage on this end of the train for you and it will serve as your living quarters," Evie explains motioning towards our current carriage's door.

"Thank you so much for all the hospitality Ms. Frye."

"You are very welcome, and please call me Evie," She hands me a cup of tea and I say 'thank you'.

"I'll just let you know; the green men and women are the 'Rooks' and we have a few staff here too."

"Oh yes the Rooks! I've heard all about them and I've been wanting to work with them. It was a brilliant idea by the way. Assembling the rooks," I say to Evie.

"You'll have to give your complements to my brother, Jacob. He should be here sometime between nine and next week." I could hear the annoyance in her voice. I smile at the description of her brother and can't deny that I am very similar. Working all hours. After we finish talking and drinking tea, Evie leads me to my part of the train. She closes the door behind her and says to find her if I need anything. I look around the small room. It was neatly kept, and I can't help feeling guilty that I will in time, neglect it. The bed had two sets of undergarments neatly folded on them. There was also another Assassin's uniform sent from Mr. Green. I smile and make a note to myself to write him a thank you letter. I take off my belt with my weapons on it and lay it down on the desk next to my bed. I take off my cape and over coat with the hood and hook it up onto the wall hooks on the opposite wall from the desk. The beautiful dark wood made up the walls. There was also a basic closet, completed wit hanging hooks on the inside. I smile to see a beautiful (F/C) dress hanging in there with a note from Evie saying, 'just in case'. I smile and see a pair of boots at the bottom of the wardrobe. I close the wardrobe and walk towards the window and look out as we begin to move away from Charing Cross Station. I watch the moonlight waver on the city of revolution. My daydreaming session was cut short my someone knocking on my door. I opened it to see an all too familiar face.

"It's you?" His smiling demeanor changes instantly.