Chapter 11

This Chapter was inspired by the song " I'm Yours " by Justine Skye featuring Vic Mensa.

The way he held onto the steering wheel of his car was dainty. He removed a joint from his wallet, took a lighter from his front pocket and lit it up. His car upholstery already smelt like weed when I got in. His eyes never left the road while he did this. It looked like he had mastered this skill before he mastered how to walk.

The smell of weed coats my skin, hair and clothes. I make a mental note to get him potpourri and car freshener whenever I get the chance. Zakari catches my eye before I can turn away filling me with sheer embarrassment.

"Do you smoke?", he asked. His soft lips are stretched into a smile as he offers his joint to me.

"Occasionally", I lied. I accepted the joint from him and had a go at it. It was my first time smoking anything but I didn't want him to know that after the lecture I gave him about drinking whiskey.

It didn't hit me immediately like I thought it would. It took me a couple of rounds to get used to it and when I did, it was euphoric! My sensations were enhanced.
Impatient by Jeremiah featuring Ty Dolla $ign was blazing through the car stereo speakers and the sounds being emitted were incredible. It was all unbelievably pleasurable and it became harder to hold back laughter when we spoke about the craziest things.

In truth the ride back to my place from the party was long to a degree. But with the both of us being high time appeared to slow down and it felt like we had been driving for hours and I could tell that he was a little tired.

"Do you know how to drive?", asked Zakari. His voice was sheepish and he stifled a yawn.

"No, I don't know how.", I said burying my face in my hands.

"Are you serious?", he said between laughs. "It's super easy. First you have to make sure your car is greased up. Then you slip the clutch in the right gear and drive, driving slow is helpful in getting better mileage. If you like to drive fast you can touch the accelerator and give your car juice. A few break applications can cause some noise like a high pitched sound though or a vibration and force is past through. This happens because some properties slightly change when it gets heated as you drive-"

"Man are we still talking about driving a car?", I interjected, looking at him with raised eyebrows.

Suddenly, he started laughing and laughing and wouldn't stop. "Woman you are going straight to hell.", he said finally, wiping a tear from the corner of his eye.

You have to know a person well to make them laugh like that. I've only known Zakari for a couple of hours and we just click. Surely this is too good to be true.

They say that one can know a man from his laugh, and if
you like a man's laugh before you know anything of him, you may confidently say that he is a good man.

He flashed one of his infectious grins my way. What a living work of art. I craved to run my fingers on the contours of his face. I adore the subtle tilt of his head when he turns onto the road, my road, I'm almost home. Dammit! I wish the distance would be extended just so I could be with him longer.

"Can I ask you something?", he spoke.

"Yeah sure."

"Are you free tomorrow? I want to see you again.", he says pulling into my driveway.

Already my brain is on fire. Every single cell in my body has became satiated with immense pleasure. I flush lightly when I realized Zakari is waiting for a response. I didn't even notice that he was already parked outside my house. He got out of the car and walked to my door to open it. This is swoon worthy right?