Chapter 10

I usually shy away from guys like this. His charm was disarming. Zakari had a strong African adonis look going on. Smooth mahogany-brown skin, the kind India Arie talked about in her songs. Firm chest and abdomen, strong arms and handsome facial features. He was beautiful.

I shook his hand firmly and introduced myself politely, "Victoria, nice to meet you".

"I'm just going to leave you two, while I look for the birthday boy", Asia said with a mischievous grin.

I shot her a desperate look. I didn't want to be left alone with a hot stranger! But she took off and blended in with the crowd of people before I could protest!

"Is this your first time here?", he asked.

"Yeah ..it's my first time.", I said looking down at myself fiddling with my fingers.

"Why do you sound so nervous.", he chuckled.

"Because I am, a little I guess."

"Why? Don't you go out to places to chill with people?"

"Not really, I live a pretty boring life"

"Yeah, I can tell."

My eyes rolled skyward and my mouth hang open. He just started to laugh!

"Hey I got you to look at me!", he exclaimed with a toothy grin. "So what do you like to do Victoria?", he said placing his hand on my back guiding me through the crowd of people to the bar.

Mr. Beards wasn't there so he walked to the other side of the bar, picked a bottle of Talisker 25 and poured a little into two glasses.

"Uhm I read a lot, play games and watch a lot of movies and series", I said and received the glass from him. He held his out for me to clink and I did eyeing him while he starred out into space. Damn it V! He's already bored with you! One thing I hated more than being kept waiting is people assuming that I was boring.

"We have to do it again or we'll have seven years of bad sex!" I said trying to raise my voice above the music and catch his attention.

"Seven years of bad what?"

"Bad sex. If we don't clink our glasses while looking into each other's eyes we'll have seven years of bad sex", I repeated.

"Well I wouldn't want that", he said with a grin, lifting his glass up again. We clinked looking into each others eyes. He brought the glass to his lips and took a gulp.

"That's not how you drink scotch.", I laughed. He raised his brow at me and I laughed harder.

"How are you supposed to drink it then?", he asked with his brows knitted in a frown.

"Okay you need to take a tiny sip. And sip it real slow. Slower than anything you've ever tasted, slower than wine yeah? Then you allow the scotch to sit in a puddle on your tongue, close your mouth and then breathe.
You've got let the flavors fill up your mouth and nose and swirl around then you can swallow.", I explained then gave him a subtle wink and took a sip of my scotch.

He looked intrigued. I had reeled him in!

"You know for a guy who goes out a lot I'd expect you to know all this", I teased.

He laughed and began tugging his ear.

"How do you know about all this stuff anyway?", he asked.

"I just hate not knowing about thing, even the littlest things that nobody thinks to read up on."

"I like you, you're interesting.", he said before raising his glass to me, taking sip of his Talisker 25 like I had just taught him.
I felt like I had just received the ultimate golden stamp of approval.