• 38 - Clean

Jonathan P.O.V

So after the little fiasco happened Evan and I went downstairs to be greeted with Tyler, Craig, Jemma, her friend and Evan's parents. They were all already sat around the table, leaving us to join them in silence. Jemma refused to look at us the whole meal, after what happened I didn't blame her. Evan's parents were talkative however, making conversation mostly with Tyler and Craig. They seemed fascinated by their relationship, and sounded to be happy with gay people. It seemed to brighten the mood slightly for Evan, seeing as they weren't too hateful of gays. However they could act different if it was their own son.

After dinner Jemma pulled Evan in to a separate room, not letting anyone else follow. They went into her room, leaving the rest of us together. Jemma's friend excused herself to the bathroom, while Tyler, Craig and I sat in the living room. We conversed for a while, talking about school work. Eventually Evan and his sister re-joined us, taking a seat on opposite sides of the room. Her friend took her by the hand and led her off to another room, leaving us four guys to talk. I leant over to Evan, giving him a questioning look. "What did she want to talk to you about?" I asked.
"I'll tell you about it later." He replied, not really facing me.

I would have assumed it was about what she saw earlier, but I couldn't get a read on Evan's expression. He looked like he was hiding something, keeping his mouth shut about what they had said. I could tell he wanted to say it because he couldn't look at me without doing so. I noticed a visible Cartoons sat on the opposite sofa next to Craig, only visible to me. I gave him the same look I did to Evan, only receiving a shrug in reply. I huffed and joined in to the conversation that had started while I was zoned out. As usual Tyler was talking about some girl's half naked photoshoot and how it was fake. Then doing his usual laugh followed by a wheeze and couch.

"Come on, we all know the Calvin Klein one was fake." He added.
"Yeah, but he still looks good without the photoshop." Craig laughed.
"Oh so you're cheating on me with a fuckin' pubescent pop singer?"
"No! Craig baby that's not what I meant!" He replied sarcastically, laughing.
"You know that guy? Fuck 'em." Tyler grunted, swinging his arm. Evan wheeze laughed like Tyler and looked over to me to see why I wasn't also laughing. His smile faded a little at my expression. I was looking down at my phone, seeing a new text message from my dad. Evan turned his head to look over my shoulder.
"Are you okay Jonathan?" He asked, to which I didn't reply.

[Dad] I have new medication for you. Come home immediately.

I let Evan read it, mumbling quietly as he scanned the words. "What kind of medication?" He asked, looking into my eyes. I shrugged.
"Exactly, I don't know. I'm fed up of this shit. I just want to be normal." I sighed, looking away from them all. I heard Evan shuffle closer to me on the sofa.
"What's going on?" Craig asked, making sounds as if he was standing up. Tyler followed, both of them kneeling down in front of me. Evan swung one arm over my shoulder, making my head rest on his chest. "What's wrong Jon?"
"I have to leave." I sighed, getting up from my seat. I pulled myself away from Evan to stand up. He tried to grab my forearm, but I pulled away. Eventually his hand got to mine and he linked our fingers, bringing me to a complete stop.

"Let me come with you." He demanded, also standing up.
"Can someone tell us what the fuck is going on?" Tyler asked looking between us.
"My dad, he needs to talk to me about some new medication." I replied, clearing my throat. I realised mine and Evan's hands were still tied together, so I quickly pulled it away. I saw the small bit of sadness in his eyes as I did, but he tried to look serious. He nodded, looking between them both. They nodded too.
"Craig can come over to mine while you guys sort that out." Tyler added, taking Craig with his hand. They left after a quick goodbye and we were left in the room stood opposite on another.

We were halfway to my house when I remembered what I wanted to ask Evan. I turned my head to face him, keeping mindful of where I was stepping. "You never told me what your sister had to say." I commented, looking him up and down.
"Well, it took me quite unexpectedly." He looked back at me. "She sat me down and asked me if what she saw was true, and I said yeah. She now knows about our relationship. Then she told me about her friend who came over, Jessie I think. She said that she likes her, but it might be more than just in a friend way."
"You mean she has a crush on her friend?" He nodded.
"Yeah. Well. I don't know, neither does she. She asked me what it felt like when I saw you, and how I knew for sure that it was more than a friendship."

"And what did you say?"
"I told her exactly what it felt like when I saw you. You were so beautiful, from your little nose to your laugh. You didn't like me at first, but I knew I had to have you."
"Awwww. If we weren't in public I would have you right now." I admitted.
"More like I would have you." He replied rolling his eyes.
"Whatever..."

----

I opened the door to my apartment, seeing my dad sat at the living room table. Cartoons and Delirious were also there, seeming to be only visible to myself. They all had their arms folded, not in an angry way, just because it was comfortable. At least for Delirious, since he did it all the time. I led Evan to the table and we sat next to one another opposite my dad. We joined hands under the table seeing as nobody was bothered by it, nor could they really tell. "Hello Evan." My dad greeted, bowing his head. Evan replied by raising his other hand as if to wave slightly. My dad then slung his briefcase on to the table, turning it around and opening it. The top of the case blocked my sight, but it was soon moved from the table.

A stack of papers and another container was put to one side, my dad clicking a pen on. He wrote down a few things before taking the container into his hand. "This, is what you need to get rid of your scars." He stated, lifting the bottle up.
"All of them?" I asked, looking at it.
"All of them." He finished. "Completely gone."
"Do I have a decision on this?"
"You need to take this. So no."
"Can I have some time to think about it?" I asked, to which I got a nod in reply. He passed me the bottle from over the table and let me leave the room. Evan followed me to my bedroom where I took the seat on my desk, placing the pills to one side.

"You okay Jon?" He asked, sitting on the edge of the bed.
"That's a dumb question." I replied, holding my head in my hands.
"I mean, I don't know much about this stuff, so the decision is completely yours."
"They're ugly." I admitted, refusing to pull up my jumper sleeves.
"They tell the story of your life."
"I'll get rid of them." I stood up, taking the container back into my hand. I popped the lid off, examining the contents. I took one of the tablets out, a red colour. I studied it for a while, just thinking things over. "Red is your favourite colour..." I mumbled before putting it up to my face and throwing my head back to swallow. It had the worst kind of taste as I almost gagged it back up. I swung my head back forward and grabbed my stomach.

"I'm guessing it hit pretty quickly." Evan commented, moving to stand by my side.
"Oh fuck-" I growled, hunching over. He rubbed circles in my back while I shut my eyes tightly. After I composed myself quickly, I looked at my arms to see them lighting up from through my jumper. The pain faded so suddenly, allowing me to stand up fully. Evan's attention then directed towards the glowing light too.
"What's happening?" He asked, looking as shocked as I did.
"I-I don't know..." I replied, showing my arms palm up. The lines also came along my stomach one by one. I was a human torch. Evan tugged at my jumper.
"Take it off a second." He demanded, making me lift my arms up. He threw the jumper away, revealing my pale body, covered in glowing yellow lines.

It looked magical, and it was so mesmerising. As if God was erasing all of my bad memories, the scars faded into golden dust. My mouth was tugged up at either side, my teeth showing and my eyebrows raised. I felt so relieved. Once the process was over, I could see myself. I could see the veins running through my arms, the creases in my stomach and bones pressing out at the ends. Evan's expression was amazed, he couldn't speak. "Y-you still love me right?" I asked, a little nervous as to how different I looked. He lunged forward to hug me before he could reply.
"Of course I do. You're so brave." He replied into my ear, arms wrapped around my neck.