• 20 - New

Jonathan P.O.V

Evan and I attempted to make dinner, burning a few things in the process. Of course two guys with fire wouldn't end well. We even tried to make paper catch fire, which was highly entertaining. I made a pasta based dish with passata sauce, with the help of Evan. We plated everything up and set them down on the table. I left the room to go get Lilly, but before I could put my hand on the door Evan pulled me back. He kissed me quickly, smiling briefly after. "Just because we can't do it for a while." He explained a little red, some sauce on his cheek. I wiped it off and giggled, allowing him to go back into the dining room.

I knocked on Lilly's door before walking in. "Hey Lilly, dinner's ready. I made pasta." She was on her tablet in bed, and looked up at me with wide eyes.
"Oh my god I love pasta!" She chimed, tearing the covers from her.
"How is your cold by the way? Did dad give you medication?"
"Yeah he did, I think it worked but I just wanted to be sure I kept warm." We walked out of her room and joined Evan in the dining room. I sat next to him while Lilly sat opposite. I was tempted to grab his hand under the table, but I was too scared of Lilly seeing. I wasn't ready to come out to my family, I had no confidence. Never mind the insanely annoying Delirious to make my life a horror.

My mind wandered from the food and to the thought of the pills. My dad said that he was going to take me off of them, or I would become addicted. I knew that he had left his briefcase in his office, meaning I could look through some of it to get answers. Maybe even an antidote. Was Delirious something stuck in my system forever? Or would he eventually flush out? He obviously had files from other subjects that had taken the Itherstanise, meaning there would be some kind of explanation. Although getting to the briefcase would be my initial challenge, as Delirious probably wouldn't want me to find a way to get rid of him. I snapped out of my thoughts as Lilly cleared her throat.

"You okay Jonathan? You haven't touched your food." She asked, making me look down at my plate of pasta. I shook my head and leant back in my chair.
"I'm fine, I was just thinking about things." I replied honestly. Evan grabbed my hand under the table and squeezed it, making me look at him. He smiled genuinely, which I returned. My sister stood up from her seat, making us separate hands quickly. She picked up her plate and headed back to the kitchen, not saying a word. I continued to eat my food, Evan leaning in to me to whisper.
"Sure you're alright?" He asked sweetly. I nodded my head, not thinking of a good excuse to use. "You know you can tell me anything. I'm here to listen." I felt a warmth grow in my stomach, and it wasn't from the food. It was because I had someone I could trust finally. My other half.

----

After dinner Evan and I cleaned up and headed to my bedroom. Surprisingly Delirious had stayed away long enough for me to have a good time. I was even tempted to go into my dad's office, but I didn't want to drag Evan into everything. I had a tv in my room, which I turned on to make sure there was no awkward silence. Seeing as my sister's room was down the corridor to mine, it gave us a little more privacy. We climbed on to my bed and played on our phones for a while, showing each other funny memes. Suddenly Evan started tapping on his phone angrily and sighing. I looked over to his screen to see an advertisement. "God I hate this advert. Nobody cares about your fucking Lamborghini." Evan groaned.

He imitated the man from the ad. "Just here in my garagé, with my new Lamborghinii." I laughed and tried to think of something to rhyme.
"Just here in my kitchen cooking some linguini." He broke out into laughter.
"Here in Antarctica, with my, brand new, beanie. It's snowing sideways!" We laughed even more and attempted to think of more to say.
"On the beach in my new bikini."
"On the balcony with my dry martini."
"In the bathroom, holding my weenie..." I looked at Evan awkwardly, but it only made us laugh harder. We stopped after that, not being able to think of any more rhymes.