• 13 - Awkward

Jonathan P.O.V

"I have some new tablets for you to try." He explained.
"Well hand them over, let's get this over with." I grumbled.
"This isn't like any of the others you've had. It's not fully tested, but we need people your age and blood type to experiment with."
"But I'm your son, I'm not volunteering to take something unstable."
"This is a pill that changes the world Jonathan! For the better! I wont let you say no." I cleared my throat.
"No."

"Jonathan!" He slammed his fist on the table. "When will you learn! I am trying to help you! You can't tell me this medication hasn't helped you so far!" It's true.
"Well just tell me what the god damn medicine is." I sighed, knowing the battle was lost. He picked up his briefcase and twirled it round to open. He lifted up a blue bottle and shook it around a little. Inside was blue liquid as well as some white pills floating inside. I clenched my jaw and leaned forward to get a better look.
"These are called Itherstanises. It has the most powerful effects so far out of all my medication. It builds up muscle in your torso, arms and legs progressively. It also builds brain cells and makes connections where they wouldn't usually access. This allows your brain to think more widely, and opens up more thoughts. We have experienced a couple of side effects, but none of them should apply to your blood type. Or so we think."

"So if this works, it makes people stronger and smarter?" I asked, summing up his words. He nodded and passed the the bottle to let me look.
"Before you take any, you must sign my paperwork. So I have your consent."
"Consent? You never needed it before."
"This is the first time I've used something more unstable. You'll take your first dose tomorrow morning. No later." I picked up the bottle and watched the pills float innocently within the baby blue liquid.
"Alright pass me a pen." I grumbled as he handed over some paperwork. I signed it, probably making a bad choice. He's my dad though, I can trust him right? I shook my head and went into my room to get changed. I checked my phone to see a text from Evan. Awh, he cares about me?

[Evan] Get yo ass over here! It's boring!
[Jonathan] I'll be there soon I need to get changed.

Evan P.O.V

I headed over to Marcel's house to walk down with him to Sydney's. We were going to meet Brock there, and Jonathan too hopefully. We turned up at her house, which I had never seen before. It was pretty and made from sandstone. We knocked on the door and waited for her to answer, when someone else did instead. A random girl opened the door and smiled at us happily. "Hey guys! Come on in, Sydney is in the main room on the left." She stated, walking away from the door. We went in and headed straight to the party. There were more people than I expected, but there wasn't alcohol or loud music. Sydney stood up at our presence and walked over to hug us. She went to me first, completely ignoring Marcel's open arms. Brock laughed from the sofa's, peering up from his phone.

Adam, Max and Anthony were there too, mostly talking in their group. There were more girls than guys, but it wasn't really an issue. I got myself a drink and joined into some conversations as well as multiplayer phone games, but there was something missing. My little Jonathan was missing, his laugh would definitely spruce up the place. Since the thought of him came up randomly, I decided to check my messages. He hadn't text me, so I decided to start it off instead. My boredom was higher than my interest in the near conversation about kittens. I text him, telling him to get over here. He responded pretty quickly, which made me smile. Just as I was about to put my thumbs to the keys for a reply, someone called my name.

I looked up to see Sydney stood in front of me. She looked adorable in her red spotty dress and side braid. I giggled at the thought of Jonathan wearing an outfit like that, and calling him adorable. Man why do I have to link everything to him? Sydney snapped me out of my thoughts as she cleared her throat.
"Do you mind if I... Speak to you outside for a second?" She mumbled awkwardly. I nodded and stood up, becoming taller than her. He smiled at my acceptance and led me to the front doors. We stepped outside into the warm air and stood opposite each other in front of her garage. It was quiet for a moment, her staring at me awkwardly.