• 5 - Help

Evan P.O.V

It was Friday night and I was playing video games with all my fiends again. We were playing some dumb computer game which was like a sandbox, so you could just mess around and make anything. After our last conversation ended, Brock started up a new one for us. "So... Party tomorrow?" He giggled.
"Who isn't going?" Tyler laughed.
"Me." I muttered, making everyone go quiet. "I'm just kidding." I laughed awkwardly, making people boo. "I don't even know who Casey is."
"She's part of the cheerleaders group." Tyler boasted.
"Oh, so you do cheerleading too then?" Brian smirked, making Tyler groan in frustration.

"Shut the fuck up." He growled, flinging Brian's character across the map in game. I looked down at my stomach as it growled, needing to get a late night snack.
"Be right back guys, gonna grab some food." I informed, taking my headphones off and muting my microphone. I walked over to my window to shut it since it had gotten dark. When I did I noticed someone walking down the street. At one in the morning? I thought to myself as I got a closer look. I recognised the build of him, and that blue hoodie. What was he doing out so late? I forgot about getting food and ran downstairs to go catch up with him.

It wasn't easy to get out the house, as my parents had locked the doors. I tried to search for the keys but they were kept in the safe. I ran back upstairs to see if he was still there, which he was. He was walking very slowly, giving me enough time to think of another plan. I opened up my window and jumped down on to the roof of the extension on our house. It supported me surprisingly, and I slid my way across until I got to the edge. I leapt off and rolled when I hit the floor, for safety. I got up and brushed the dirt off of myself, following where Jonathan went. Why is he out here? Why am I out here?

I followed him all the way to the park, where he sat on the grass by the lake. I was about to sit down next him, when he spoke up. "I know you're there." He muttered.
"How?" I whispered to myself, looking down at my feet.
"You're louder than you think." His voice sounded a little cheery. I made my move and sat next to him, keeping my distance a little.
"It's uh, nice out tonight." I commented.
"Why did you follow me?" He asked, turning to look at me.
"Why did you leave your house at this time?"
"My dad." He sighed, looking back at the water.

"Oh. I'm sorry to hear. What happened?" I asked quietly.
"He saw that I got into a fight." He breathed in deeply. "He wasn't happy."
"What did he do?"
"Why you gotta ask so many questions?" He moved away, getting pretty aggravated. I raised my hands in defeat and moved back too.
"I just want to be here for you. I want to be able to talk to you and-"
"Stop. I don't need a pity party."
"I'm not being here as a therapist, I'm being here as a friend. So please, just let me help." I replied calmly, holding a hand out for him to get up with. He put out his hand, about to grab mine. That was until his face turned completely pale and he fell backwards, passed out.

"Jonathan!" I gasped, kneeling down to look at him. I lifted his head to see his eyes shut, completely gone. I picked him up and carried him over my shoulder, not the most flattering way. I wanted to get him back home, but I didn't know where he lived. I knew he lived in an apartment building, but which room was the real question. I decided to take him back to my house, but I came across another dilemma. I got out through my bedroom window, which meant I had to get Jonathan up there somehow.

I ended up lightly tossing him on to my roof before climbing up and dragging him back through my window. By now most people had left the Skype call, however Tyler and Craig were still talking away. I put Jonathan on top of my bed and sat back at my computer desk. I turned my mic on but didn't say anything. "That's so damn cool." Tyler told Craig as I listened in.
"Awh, thanks man. It means a lot." Craig replied happily.

"Don't worry about it." He smiled into his web camera. I hit my mic with my hands and pretended that I had just gotten back. I also turned on my camera to see if my hair was still in tact. Tyler and Craig jumped at my sudden presence.
"Hey guys, I'm gonna call it a night. I have to go." I whispered loud enough for them to hear. We said our goodbyes and I shut off my computer. I spun around in my chair to look at the mess of a person on my bed. I didn't know what was wrong with him, or if he would even wake up. I felt my eyelids drooping as I got out of my chair to get changed into pyjamas. I couldn't sleep in the same bed, it would just be awkward. Instead I piled up some blankets and took a pillow he wasn't using for myself.