• 11 - Competition

Evan P.O.V

The next day at school I had gym for two hours. It was probably the only class I looked forward too. All my friends were in class with me, including Jonathan. Mark and his friends weren't in there either, meaning they couldn't try and hurt me purposely and play it off as an accident. The teacher told us we were doing dodgeball, and sent us in to the changing rooms. I took one half of the changing rooms for my guys, and we were probably the noisiest there. The first week at school we sorted out our groups and what sports we were going to do, so we didn't need to get changed. This week I could actually sneak a look at people to see if the pictures they put on Instagram are as real as they claim. As well as just looking to check my competition.

Since I played ice hockey for a while, I also did a lot of exercise at the gym. Someone I noticed that didn't change his clothes was Jonathan. We had p.e uniform to wear, even though we didn't have a dress uniform. I changed into my uniform and grabbed a spare shirt from my bag. I passed it to Jonathan, receiving a confused look. "It's the uniform, you have to wear one." I stated. He tossed it back at me.
"I don't have to wear shit." He grumbled, denying my offer. I sat down next to him on the bench with it still in my hand.
"Jonathan. It's my shirt. Just wear it so you don't get into trouble. You can wear your jumper over it. Please?" I insisted, holding it up to him.

He sighed and took it from me, walking over to the showers to change in there. I guessed he was self conscious about his body, but soon enough I would convince him that we don't care what he looks like. In the nicest way that could be phrased. He walked back out the showers with my shirt on, carrying his usual grey one in his hand. He stuffed it into his bag and looked at me sat on the bench. "Come on then, do you wanna do dodgeball or not?" He laughed. I stood up and looked at my friends that were all also ready. We walked out together as a group and went into the hall.

The teacher told us we needed to go into groups of ten, since there was thirty of us in a class. That would mean two teams up against each other while the third refereed. Of course my team consisted of Me, Jonathan, Tyler, Craig, Lui, David, Brock, Marcel, Brian and Ken. Felix wasn't in our class so we decided to take Ken under our wing. He was pretty independent though, and a total lady killer. We played first up against Adam's team, which consisted of him, Max, Anthony, Steven, Tom, Tucker, Nick, Scott, Jordan and Sham. It was highly competitive, as all of us were pretty sporty guys. Lui was probably our best player, as he could dodge every hit thrown at him. Plus his aim was pretty good. I was also pretty good myself, not to brag.

Every so often I would watch the other people on my team, admiring who was good at what. Tyler, Brock, Ken, Brian, Lui and I the throwers. Craig, Jonathan, David and Marcel the catchers. We worked well together, and we ended up winning 10:7. We both still had players left in by the time the round ended so each team gained points. Next round it was up against another team. I only knew one kid in there called Nathan who played dodgeball professionally for a team in the city. He was our main competition, so we created tactics. I gathered everyone into a circle and we discussed ideas.

"So Nathan is our biggest threat here, we need to think more tactically." I stated.
"Well if we have all three balls, we throw a distraction ball to someone other than Nathan, then the other two go straight for him." Lui suggested. We nodded in agreement to his idea.
"Don't try and throw any at him if we only have one ball, he will catch them." Brock added. We threw around a couple more things until we had used up our team talk time. We lined up, one hand against the wall. It felt so serious as the countdown begun. I felt like time had slowed down until it finally reached one...

Jonathan P.O.V

My medication finally came in handy. Dodgeball isn't my thing but with my adapted senses I could probably help a lot. The first round was just a warm up, and we actually made tactics for the second game. As we got counted down, I felt my vision become brighter and time moved slower. It probably didn't move slower, but I could feel every movement around me. As soon as we hit one I was first off the mark, pushing one foot off the wall to run forward. I grabbed one ball and hit a second one backwards to my team. I instantly jumped backwards and threw the ball at my target. It hit him straight on the shoulder and he almost fell from the impact.