• 32 - Research

Evan PO.V

After Jonathan had left and I had had time to boil things over, I finally went downstairs to become one with my family again. I slugged myself out of bed, showered, and wore new clothes. I also styled my hair into its usual fo-hawk. Once I was pretty pleased with how I looked I pulled my phone off of charge, seeing the list of notifications come through. People such as Felix, Lui, Craig, my sister and even Jonathan's name flew past my lock screen as other people from school had messaged me and sent me snapchats. I ignored most of them and went straight to Jonathan's name, reading over the message while my phone was still on lock screen. It was him announcing that he was coming over, which I wish I would've read sooner. It would have given me more time to wake up and actually listen to every piece of shit that came from his mouth.

What did he mean anyway? Possession? Itherstanise? Is that even an English word? I instantly changed my mind about leaving my bedroom and jumped over to my desk to turn my PC on. I flicked the switch and rolled my chair up to the monitor, tapping my fingers constantly on the desk impatiently. Once I had logged in I opened google and typed in the first thing that came to mind, although I wasn't completely sure how to spell Itherstanise. I had several guesses until some actual results came up for me. It didn't go into much detail, saying that doctors were experimenting with it. It builds muscle and makes humans stronger. It also said there were a lot of side effects, but didn't explain anything else. It said the medicine had only been created a month ago in a science lab when a professor had found a perfect equation to mix two chemicals together.

It had a few quotes and a lot of information on the professor, listing off all doctors and colleges who had helped him make his medication a result. It was still in alpha testing, etc. Along the list of names was Jonathan's dad, as his surname was Denis. After my search around on websites I flicked on to google images, scanning through the hundreds of thousands or pictures. A lot were of the professor, a few group photos and some spam. There was only one where the medicine could be seen in one of their hands, a clear bottle with blue liquid. I came to the conclusion that if I was going to believe Jonathan, I would have to talk to his dad. It seemed so unrealistic that he would be possessed, and that that demon would only possess him to kiss a girl. But if he's right then what else do I have to go about?

I rubbed my forehead, looking away from my screen for the first time in hours. I needed to get some fresh air. I pushed away from my desk, extending my arms all the way. I stood up slowly and cracked my back into place, turning off my computer while leaning around. Once I had completed a full-on yoga session I opened my bedroom door, embracing the smell of clean air. I quietly made my way down the stairs, not getting far until my sister had noticed me. "Evan? Are you okay now?" She asked in a calm voice. I nodded my head, continuing my way downstairs.
"I'm fine. What's for dinner?" I replied so nonchalantly. She cocked an eyebrow, watching me approach her with one arm over the couch.

"I was thinking takeaway. You're surprisingly alright. Are you sure you're okay?" She pressed, giving me a more suspicious look. I took a seat next to her on the sofa.
"Yes, I'm sure. I need to leave soon though. I need to go talk to someone."
"Talk to someone? What do you mean by that?" She folded her arms.
"Jonathan's dad. It's a personal thing." I replied shutting my eyes.
"Personal hahahah, right. I'm your sister, it doesn't get very personal."
"Alright, I need to talk to him about some medication. I need to go soon before it's too late." I explained, telling the complete truth. She raised her eyebrows.
"Before it's too late?"

"I mean- late at night. I don't want to walk home in the dark." I sputtered, re-thinking my words. She seemed to brush it off fine and believe me.
"Okay. Go now if you want. Don't want my little Evay getting hurt out there." She joked, mashing her hand with my hair. What was once a perfect fo-hawk was not ruined. I attempted to fix it, styling my hair back up in a guessing manner. She laughed at me, leaning back into the sofa relaxed. I mentally sighed with relief, picking myself up off of the sofa. I looked at myself in the mirror by the front door, checking over my hair once again. Once I had my shoes on I said my goodbyes and walked out the door, a spring in my step.