Holidays and Surprises- Chapter 9

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~2 Months Later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ariel's POV:

I've been living in London for 6 months already. So far as socializing is concerned... It's not one of my strong points. I haven't been out much because I'm trying to keep myself in the down low. I mean if Liam Payne lives in the same building as me, who else does? I can never be too careful.

On the upside, I've made two new best friends! Liam Payne and Danielle Peazer. Two people whom I've only dreamed of meeting. Well Danielle, I didn't know about her until 2 months ago when Liam invited me over to his flat for tea. The day I ran into him to be exact. Ever since then, it seems as though Dani's and Liam's goal is to keep me smiling and happy every day. Whenever Liam or Dani, or even both, have a free day, they spend it with me. Sometimes I deny their company, but that's because I send them off on a date or to spend time as a couple. I get invited, but obviously I wouldn't be an idiot and freely accept to be the third wheel.

On my free days I usually spend them on the ice skating rink that's 4 blocks down. This only happens on days that I send Liam and Dani away, or when neither one of them are free. I don't mind one bit. I completely understand that Dani has her dancing and that Liam also has his singing to do. While they are busy working, I'm down at the rink just having a relaxing skate. Usually I get Wednesdays off so the rink is empty all day. The first couple of days I went, I kept falling on my bum and kept to the edges. Now that I've been doing it for 2 months, I'm skating faster, and can even do some tricks. It turns out that all the dancing that Trixie has taught me is just as easy on the ice.

Ever since I left Cheshire, I've been happier. I feel as though a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I find myself laughing a lot more now and smiling more. Now it's rare if you see me without a smile. Liam and Dani have taught me to leave the past in the past and just live in the present time. No that doesn't that I've forgotten my past because like I said it’s highly unlikely. Past events still cause me a little pain, but not as much. Now it's just a sting.

Besides my now happy life, there has been happiness up at the palace as well. Last month Queen Cassidy gave birth to a healthy baby boy. From what I heard and saw, he looks exactly like King Thomas, but has Queen Cassidy's eyes and smile. I'm happy they had another child. Ever since Princess Ariel got kidnapped, the King and Queen have been restless. Now they have a bundle of joy with them. I hope he turns out to be a great prince. I also hope the Princess is found. No one knows what happened to her. Every time I think about the Princess, I get this feeling as if I should know her. I'm pretty sure I don't. Right?

I will be leaving to Cheshire in 2 days. I'll be staying over for the holidays, and honestly I'm excited. I haven't seen Mum and Dad since May so that should be a fun reunion. I plan on visiting Pen and her parents, Anne and Gemma (if she's home), and Mr. and Mrs. Lloyd. I'm not really sure if I'll end up visiting all these people, but I will try. I thought about Anne again right now, and 2 memories resurfaced.

The first memory was from back in October.

Flashback

Simon had called me last week to tell me that he would be hosting a Halloween party at his flat if I wanted to attend. It was only for adults, meaning 17 and above. It was Halloween themed so we all had to go in costumes. The costume had to have a mask because it was also part masquerade. This should be interesting.

I decided on going on the safe side and went for a Catwoman costume. I'd fit my nerdy side and cover up who I am pretty well.

So the day of the party everything went smoothly. I straightened my black hair and my usual makeup with added mascara. I placed the mask on my face. It stuck with this special glue that's skin safe, and I placed the cat ears on my hair. I decided to add some red lipstick and then I placed the costume on. I put on my 4 inch heeled boots that reached all the way to mid-thigh. I glanced over at my full body mirror and I was relieved to see that the costume fit perfectly. I decided on just taking my phone and car keys because I can easily place them in Catwoman's utility belt. Just as I left my bedroom and started to head downstairs I got a text message.