Christmas Special!!

Timeline:              March 2015- Erin and Owen meet
                               June 2015- Get together
                              November 2015- Break up
                             January 2016- Get back together
                            July 2016 - Owen proposes
                            February 2017- Wedding 
                            August 2022- Rose and Adam Farrell born

December 2029- Christmas Day

I smiled as I walked into the back garden. Rose and Adam were standing side by side, angelic pouts on their faces, Adam was holding a rugby ball.

It was 4;30 and I had just put the turkey in the oven, Owen had wanted to help but after the turkey disaster of 2025, he was banned from the kitchen on Christmas day.

The two seven year olds looked up at me with puppy dog eyes and I laughed, "Of course!" I agreed, and they went wild. "Dad! Dad!" Rose screamed and Owen burst out into the garden.

"What's wrong? Is everyone okay?" He said, panicked. He scanned the garden and relaxed. His mouth curled up into a smile when he saw the ball in Adam's hands.

"Ready to be smashed?" He asked me and I shook my head, raising an eyebrow. "We'll see Mr Cocky"

Adam and Rose started to bicker. "Mummy's on my team" Adam demanded "No, she's on mine" Rose argued.

Owen's smile dropped. "You'd think you were the one with the massive rugby career" He muttered and I laughed. "Jealous?" I asked.

Adam and Rose's fight started to escalate and I had to intervene. "How about we play two games?" I suggested. "Adam, you can be on my team to start, and then swap with Rose" They nodded, and Rose joined Owen.

"We're going to win," Adam stated, matter of factly. Rose nodded, and Owen gasped. "Don't do that Rose! I'm the best!"

Rose shook her head. "But Mummy said Sexton was better" She said and Owen turned to face me.

"What have you been telling the children, Farrell?" He emphasises the last name.

I smirk, "Only the truth" I retort and then my eyes widen as he steps towards me. "Really?" He asks again.

I nod, and then sprint as Owen starts to chase me. The kids start to cheer and Owen gets closer and closer. An involuntary squeal slips from my lips.

I duck around the branches of the massive oak tree of the corner of the garden. I decide to make a break for it, but Owen grabs me and throws me over his shoulders. "Let me down!" I scream, pounding my fists on his back.

Adam and Rose watch, giggling. Owen drops on the ground, and collapses on top of me. "Who's better?" He asks sternly.

"You" I mumble, struggling for breath. He smiles and then is taken back when I smile wickedly back.

"At mis" My words are cut off when Owen kisses me. "EWWWW!" I hear Rose and Adam's protests in the background and smile, pushing Owen off. He pouts and I kiss his cheek, getting up.

We start to play, and hour later, we all collapse on the ground. "We won" Rose shouts, and Adam shakes his head. "NO WAY"

I sigh, Adam and Rose got on perfectly, apart from rugby. Rose supported Ireland, while Adam took Owen's side and supported England.

They were twins, but not identical. Rose had Owen's blonde hair and blue eyes, other than that she had my features. Adam was a mini Owen, but with my green eyes.

"Come on," I interrupted. "Let's go eat dinner" Adam and Rose shut up and raced inside. Owen reached over and pulled me up of the ground, and tight to his chest.

"Where were we earlier?" He asked, smiling. I pretended to think, "Here" I said as he leaned in and kissed. Heaven...

Hey! So I realised this wasn't very Christmassy but :/. I like it. Again, I don't know why I said this would be going up on the 24th, I can't wait! Two more exams left! Are you guys finished? What do you want for christmas? I want an England away jersey! Xxx