24. Hello?

I thought was taking it pretty well, to be honest with you. It was now December, a month since we had broken up. I didn't do a 'Bella Swan' and sit in my bedroom for months staring out the window.

I went out as normal, went to work, college and played rugby, as usual. After a few days, I begged Bella not to treat me with kiddie gloves, and she did, but she would give me the  occasional worried glance every so often.

Sure, I studied more than usual, and I refused to go out. I may have listened to Adele's 'Hello' more than a thousand times, but in my defence, that was the worst thing I did. No Taylor Swift, I wasn't quite over him yet.

He had tried or call and text for a few days after the phone call but I ignored them, he had broken my heart, as cliche as it is.

I was heading out with Bella to go Christmas shopping, it was a rainy day, but hopefully that meant that town would be quieter. I checked my bun as I waited for Bella to finish getting dressed.

I was really pleased with my outfit today, wasn't sure why. The skinny blue jeans went well with the red scoop neck jumper, and of course my beloved boots. I felt very Christmassy.

Bella finally emerged from her room, she was wearing leggings, and Christmas jumper. "That took you twenty minutes?" I asked, teasing her. She flipped me off and I shook my head, smiling. What a charmer.

We finally locked up and walked through the slippery streets. The rain drizzled down, and my hood barely covered my head, meaning if I moved my head too much, I would get hit with droplets.

I had a list of people I had to get presents for, my parents, sister, Bella and something small for my teammates. I smiled fondly as I remembered what they had said when they heard Owen and I had broken up.

We were doing our warm up lap around the pitch, and Maria had shook her head. "He couldn't kick a drop goal as well as you could. Never trust the English..." She warned me.

The rest of the team agreed, and all chipped in on why he wasn't 10/10 (haha, get it! Sorry, I'll stop with the puns). Serious things like, long distance relationships are hard, to weird things like, that stare thing would be a bit off putting with kids...

"Coffee?" Bella suggested, as we fought against the battering winds. I shot her a look. Oh course. She smiled and nodded. We continued on, and three hours later, we were in a small novelty gift shop.

They had a tee-shirt in the back left over from the World Cup. It was red, and in white bold print read, "Lets try again shall we?" With a picture of the English winning team from 2003 underneath. (Okay I lied, just one more pun!)

"Shall I get that for Owen?" I asked, the words slipping out of my mouth before I could process what I was saying. My heart fell, and my vision clouded. Bella hugged me quickly.

"You okay?" "Yeah" I whispered. I breathed out slowly, and then continued to browse. However, my eyes kept sliding back to the t-shirt in the corner. I could see Johnny Wilkinson, and in my head, what he said to me was playing over and over again.

"Owen won't shut up about you," "Owen won't shut up about you" "Owen won't shut up about you"

I swallowed the growing lump in my throat. I had gotten all my presents, with the exception of Bella's, so I tapped her shoulder. "Can we go home now?" I asked.

Her eyes scanned my face quickly, checking to make sure I was alright. "Of course!" She replied and I followed her out of the shop. "Do you want to do anything special?"

"Christmas playlist and baking?" I suggested, knowing she'd be less worried if we actually did something. Besides, it was a tradition. "Now you'll let me play it" Bella complained.

I rolled my eyes, Bella was the type of person who had their Christmas playlist ready as soon as the clock struck midnight on Halloween. I refused to let her play it around me however, until December.

One of our traditions was that I would bake cookies, and Bella would finally be allowed play her playlist. What ensued was usually a combination of bad dancing, singing, laughing and burnt fingers as Bella didn't understand the concept of letting hot items fresh out of the oven cool down...

A/N: So this is a short, filler chapter, sorry... But, it needed to be written, are you okay with all the time slips in the story? It's just, events happen over a long period of time, and I feel it would be too long, and boring to write without them.
Comment, vote, and prepare yourself for the next chapter...
Spoiler! Owen is the cutest... 💗💗💗

Also, I updated on the weekend? What? Well I'm bored studying and I was just staring out the window at these boys who were messing about and they looked up as caught me so I was like.... Might as well do this!