27. Chocolate might be another weakness...

I rolled onto to my side, and opened my eyes slowly. Owen was still asleep, he looked way younger, peaceful. I poked his arm and he grunted. I poked him a second time and he grabbed my finger.

"OW" I whined, "You're hurting me" He shrugs, eyes still closed. I stretch and get up. I vaguely remember changing into a England jersey and then falling asleep almost  instantly. Owen was still wearing the Ireland jersey and I laughed. He sat up slowly and rubbed his eyes.

"What's so funny?" He rasps. "We've swapped countries" I tell him. His forehead creases in confusion. "What?" He asks, "You're still wearing the Ireland jersey, I'm wearing an England one"

Owen looks at me vacantly, "Well aren't you hyper in the morning." I tease. Owen doesn't say anything, and I roll my eyes. I go to the kitchen and brew some coffee, when I return, Owen has fallen back asleep.

I poke him lightly on the arm, but get no response. "Farrell," I whine, "Get up, I'm hungry" I poke him again, harder. "GET UP" I scream into his ear. He jolts up, and looks around, lost. I hide my smile.

"I'm hungry" I tell him, and take a sip of my coffee. "Why did you have to wake me up like that?" Owen complains. I smile brightly back. "I'm going to take a shower, if you are asleep when I get back, I will not be so nice waking you up"

"That was nice?" Owen mutters under his breath as I pick out clothes from my wardrobe. I ignore his sarcastic remark and continue into the bathroom.

I shower as quickly as I can, letting the warm water carry away all the dirt and grime, and the underlying smell of alcohol and smoke from the party the night before. When I get out, I dry myself, and pull on the clothes I had picked. I pull my hair up into its usual ponytail, and then apply some mascara.

I head back to my bedroom and push the door open slowly. I expect to see Owen sleeping, and am surprised to see a freshly made bed, and open curtains. Owen crouches in the corner, sorting out his suitcase. "Do you mind if I shower?" He asks, standing up.

I shake my head, "No problem!" I kiss his cheek lightly as he goes past and he squeezes my waist gently. I clean up my bedroom a bit, picking up dirty clothes, and putting books back on shelves.  Then I sit on my bed and anxiously wait for Owen to finish.

How long does it take for someone to get ready? I pull out my phone as I wait, I hear the shower turn off, and a few minutes later, Owen pads into the room.

"Ready?" He asks and I nod, jumping up from the bed. "I'm starving!" I proclaim as I usher him towards the front door. "Really?" Owen asks, as we put our shoes on. "You haven't said anything this morning about that"

I stick my tongue out at him and we step out into the street. The sun is quite high in the sky. "What time is it?" I ask, realising I have forgotten to put on my watch. "Half past eleven"  Owen informs me.

"Are you in the mood for pancakes?" I ask him. "Are you ever not in the mood for pancakes?" He replies. I cock my head to the side and pretend to think about it. "Nope" I pop the 'P'. Boldly taking his hand, I pull him down the street into a crepery called 'Lemon'.

I scan the menu half heatedly. I already know what I want, I jig my knee up and down as I wait for Owen to finish ready the menu. Finally he looks up. "What are you having?"I ask politely.

"Lemon and sugar pancakes, you" "Waffles with belgian chocolate" I reply, smiling widely. "Excuse me!" Owen chides, I stare at him confused. "You said pancakes, not waffles" I pout at him. "Well sorry" I reply. "You should be"

Owen's face is dead seroius and I fight giggles as a waitress comes to take our order. "What would you like honey?" She asks Owen, sticking out her chest as she smiles down angelicaly. Owen doesn't miss my glare and smiles. "You order first love" He says, pointing to me.

I make a rubbish attempt at hiding my smirk as her face sours when she sees me. I tell her my order and she takes it down grudgingly. "I'll have the same" Owen orders, and the waitress gives him one last smile before walking off.

"What happened to pancakes?" I tease. "I've never tried waffles before" He admits, and I stare at him open mouthed. "Really" He nods, and scans the wall behind me. "Well you are in for a treat!" I beam.

Five minutes later the waitress returns with our order. "You cheated" Owen complains, as she sets down the plates. The waitress seems to perk up at this. I sigh. "How can you cheat at I spy?" I ask.

Owen got bored and made me play it with him while we waited. "Well, you would know" He retorts, "How old are you?" I ask, running a hand through my hair. The waitress leaves and Owen gets over his mini sulk as he takes in the plate of food in front of him.

His eyes go wide and I smile through bites. I watched as he took a hesitant bite. "Eh" He said and I gasped. "Well let me have it!" I exclaimed, making a grab for the plate. "I was joking!" Owen quickly jumps in, shielding his plate from my hand.

I frown, "That was mean" He sticks his tongue out before proceeding to stuff his mouth. 

Hey! Whaddya think? I have exams in 3 weeks... Aghhh!!!!
Vote, Comment, and ship Owrin!

Only like 3-4 more chapters! 😭