11. Jersey Debate

I pulled my jumper back on as we exited the restaurant. Everyone had cheered when I took it off, and when I returned, they clapped. I had spent the meal talking to Chris Robshaw and Billy Vunipolo, I had then talked to Jess. She seemed very nice. Owen, however had sulked. He was still silent as we drove back to the hotel.

We reached the hotel and I pulled my bag out of the boot. "Farrell" I poked Owen in the side. "What?" He asked me, sounding bored. "I need your help checking in" He softened. "Fine" Owen took my bag and led me to the check in desk.

"Hello, room under the name of Farrell?" I turned away, bored as Owen checked me in. When he finally finished he pocketed one card and gave the other to me. "What room, and why are you keeping one?" I demanded.

"I booked the room, I deserve a key." I narrowed my eyes at him, and he stuck out his tongue. "You're on the second floor, room 325" We followed the signs to the lift. I pressed the button for the second floor and it edged slowly up. "Miss me?" I teased.

"Oh course, I cried every night." I patted his head, hard since he was six foot two as I walked out of the lift. "I'm here now" I said brightly. "Oh yay!" Owen replied sarcastically. I found the room and opened it, placing the key in the lights switch.

"Now you're just being mean" I told him pouting. I took my bag from his hand and moved to close the door. His foot shot out and blocked it. "Now who's being mean? He pushed it open and stepped inside. I sighed and dropped the bag under the table.

I looked around, the room had a big double bed, an armchair, a wardrobe, a table with a T.V fastened to the wall above it, two bedside tables, each with lights on, and two doors. The one we were standing in and one that I presumed lead to the bathroom.

Owen flopped down gracelessly onto the bed and I frowned. Slipping my shoes off I moved to take my jumper off again. "Ah ah ah" Owen waved his finger at me. "That stays on around me" He chided.  "Why?" I crossed my arms over my chest. "I like it"

"But I don't" "And I should care why?" "Because I'm the one with the access all areas ticket in my room."  That shut me up. Owen laughed at my face, "Does it mean free booze?" I asked, Owen sighed, "No, It doesn't, and you are not to drink!" "Please, I can hold my alcohol."

He raised his eyebrows, "I could drink your entire team under the table" I boasted, Yes, if I could sleep in all the next day.  "I wonder who I'll give the ticket to" He wondered aloud. "To this, going to be completely sober for the next 24 hours girl"

That had him laugh. "On one condition" He said as he sat up. "Name it" I said warily. "You wear my jersey" He said and I pretended to consider it. His eyes scanned my face anxiously. "Which one?"

"Which one do you think? The Saracens one, Duh!" "Your sarcasm is not appreciated" I told him. "Your jersey will be too big" He shook his head. "My one from last year's six nations is a size too small, it should be fine on you" "Okay" I said simply.

"Okay?" He repeated. I nodded. "Okay, no fight? No problem?" I shook my head. "I'm appalled you'd think I'd do that" "Sorry, I've had so much experience with quiet, complacent Erin" I pouted, "Go get my ticket!" I ordered. I pushed him out of the room and slammed the door in his sulking face.

I opened my case and took out my pyjamas. I changed into the green shorts and loose grey tee-shirt. I washed my face, moisturised and tied my hair up into a bun. I was just brushing my teeth when I heard a knock on the door. I waited until the electric toothbrush beeped before dabbing the sides of my mouth.

I sauntered out of the bathroom and turned of the light, expecting to see Owen. I heard another impatient tap on the door and opened it. Owen barged inside. "Yes do come in, make yourself at home" "What took you so long?" He whined, "I was brushing my teeth, what happened to your key?"

He pats his trouser pocket. "Well next time use it" I tell him, He nods and plonks himself back on my bed. "What do you want now?" "Well, I thought, since the purpose of this trip was to see each other again" I looked at him blankly. "Oh, I thought it was just me getting free tickets."

I stick my tongue out and he grabs one of the pillows behind me and smacks me over the head. "Wha. You. I'll" I stutter. He laughs, and while he does so I grab another pillow and start to hit him. Five minutes later, we collapse onto the pillows, me on the bed and Owen on the floor.

"I obviously won" I tell Owen. "Please! You were begging for mercy." "Yeah right! I swear you had tears in your eyes!" "I did not, besides you hit me in the face" "Baby" "I'll show you who's a baby!" With that Owen lunges at me. I shriek and roll to the side.

He grabs me and pulls me under him. "What did you call me?' "A good kicker?" "That's right, better than Sexton?" I nodded. "Say it" he ordered. "Better than Sexton" I repeat. He rolls off me. I spring up and walk over to the bathroom door.

"At missing" I end before darting into the bathroom and locking the door, laughing.

Thank you for 200 reads!!! Next chapter will be the match. Xx