3. Picking Favourites

The loud music blared as we made our way to the bar. I bought the first round and we went to sit down. The club was quite busy considering it was a Sunday, however, most colleges were on break so many students were taking full advantage of that.

George and Bella disappeared into the writhing crowd, gone to dance, leaving me and Owen to talk. I sipped the bottle of Cors. "So, Farrell, when do you start training for the world cup?" He turns to me, "Trying to learn our strategies? How do I know you won't give them to Sexton?" he teased. "How did you guess? I haven't asked you to wear the wire or camera yet."

"You seem pretty certain that I will" He jokes. I wink, "Seriously though," He relaxes back into the plush sofa. "In a week," I nod, "Nervous about having Ireland in your group?" He laughs, "Well, they're a good team, but no match for my amazing feet" He winks again.

I roll my eyes, "Smarmy git" I mutter. I take another sip from my drink. "Are you free tomorrow?" He asks and I raise my eyebrows. "Clingy much?" He chuckles, "Well, you're the only one I know, so... Besides, I'll buy you Starbucks!" I snorted. I pointed to myself, "I'm nearly always broke, I'm more of a Costa person anyway."

Owen drains his drink and sets it down on the table. "Want to dance?" He nods towards the dance floor. "I suppose," I shrug nonchalantly. He grabs my hand and pulls me to the middle of the room. "Drop the act" "What act?" Owen sighs, "You're a very good actress." I remove my hand from his grip and start to sway to the music.

'And you're a very good kicker, Oh wait, Your not!" Owen grabs my hand and spins me into his chest. He taps my nose and grins. "You're very funny" He whispers, I blush as I see Bella at the bar waggling her eyebrows. I flip her off and stifle a grin.

"Whats so funny?" Owen asks as he pulls away. "Nothing new, just your face Farrell" Owen shakes his head, "Yes, its funny how someone can be blessed with a face like mine, and then someone can be cursed like you." I 'accidentally' step in his foot.

"Oww!" He stumbles. "Aww, is the big rugby player hurt?" I tease. "Your wearing heels!" He pouts. I laugh, "Come on!" I pull him back to the table and sniff my drink. When I'm happy it hasn't been drugged I take a swig. I sink back into the sofa and Owen copies me.

"Not much of a dancer?' Owen asks. "You try dancing in heels" I challenge, watching Bella spin around the dance floor. "Just saying, I'd be great." I snort at the image. "Your not very ladylike, are you" I flip him off. "Anyway Farrell, what were you saying about heels?" I ask, rotating my sore feet. We had been out for two hours and I was more used to converse and boots.

I was dying to kick off the shoes. They were three inches shorter than Bella's though, and I knew she's tease me about it later. Childish I know. "Do you want to be here?" Owen asked, surprising me. "Err, yeah," I said, not very convincingly.

He shot me a doubtful look. "Just the last week Bella has dragged me to clubs a lot." "Then lets go" He stood up. "Where?" He shrugged, "Anywhere." I weighed the options, go with Owen or stay another two or three hours waiting for Bella. "Okay" I stood up and pushed my way over to Bella. I tapped her on the shoulder.

"Farrell and I are going to head" She smirked and I socked her in the shoulder. "Call me later okay?" I nodded and walked back to Owen. We stepped out into the cool evening air. I looked at my watch. 9:30

"Do you want to go to the park?" Owen nodded and I relaxed as we walked through the park gates. I led Owen over through the mossy paths to a giant weeping willow. I pushed my way through the fronds and, arranging my skirts, lay down on the grass.

Owen also sat down,as I looked up, admiring the silvery moonlight streaming through the leaves. "Not a bad place" Owen nodded in satisfaction. I rolled my eyes. "Hope its good enough for you Farrell. Anything else?" He cocked his head to the side,pretending to think.

"A massage and a picnic please" I swatted lazily at his head,which he ducked easily. "Your a violent person, did you know?" "Please, you must be the 100th person to say that to me." "Only the 100th?"

I growled and he smiled. "So, I know you like rugby, so what did you think of the match?" I thought for a minute. "England played quite sloppily in the first half. You obviously went into it thinking it would be an easy match. Probably because you beat Wales 42-7 the week before. You got better in the second half. Ireland were sloppy too, and didn't push enough in the first half. They could have gotten three or more ties if it hadn't been for the endless amount of penalties they seemed to give away. Their try was pure gold, but it was quite lucky. They weren't quick enough to tackle you, which is why you scored. They also weren't as good as they usually are in the air and at box kicking."

Even though we had talked about the match he seemed shocked that I knew this much. "That's very close to what our coach said." I blushed.

"So, who's your favorite ten?" I smiled widely. "Hmm, that's hard. Well no it's not actually." Owen smiles, thinking I'm talking about him.

"Sexton, obvs" His eyes bulge. "And your second?" I pretend to think hard. "Halfpenny, or Madigan" Owen takes a deep breath. "English" He asks,  "Ford" I say straight away.

He stands up. "Run," I look at him quizzically and stand up. He lunges for me and I kick off my heels and sprint away, Owen close behind.