25. Weeping Willows

I lie with my back on the grass. The gold skirt on my dress has ridden up my leg, but the willow branches enclose me, an all natural wall. I can hear the music and chatter front he party, but it's quiet enough to think, which is what I do.

Christmas was lovely, we spent Christmas Eve with my family, as usual. It was great fun, however I was treated like I was made of glass occasionally. Christmas Day we spent together.

Bella nearly killed me when she unwrapped her present, a twilight t-shirt. I had to lock myself in the bathroom until she calmed down enough for me to tell her that it was a joke. I gave her her real present, an owl pendant that hung on a delicate silver chain.

She gave me mine, the black and gold dress I was wearing now. The top part was black, and then the skirt was gold, in a skater style. I loved it instantly.

It was New Year's Eve, and Bella had managed to drag me to the Party in the Park. It was held every year, and fireworks and everything were lit. I glanced at my watch, twenty to twelve.

I had sought solace under the branches of the weeping willow tree, in fairness I had spent most of the night mingling, and dancing. However, now the night seemed to be full of couples, or people trying to make sure they had someone to kiss at midnight.

It was cool here, a sharp contrast to the sweaty mess outside. The combination of dancing and lots of bodies didn't end well.

My mind turned to Owen, as I remembered the days we had spent here. A smile grazed my face, as I remembered every thing we had done. "A new year, a new start" I muttered it myself.

"I just hope you'll let me be part of it" I sat up, as Owen pushed his way under the tree. My breath hitched as I took him in. He was wearing the Irish jersey I had gave him, a hoodie slung over his right arm.

I smoothed down my skirt, and tucked a stray piece of hair behind my ear. The messy braid had seemed like a good idea, now I wondered if it looked silly.

I stood up slowly, not missing the dark circles under his eyes. He took a step towards me and I watched him warily. "Erin, please listen to me"

My body was frozen, but I managed to give him a shaky nod. "When we lost the final, I was distraught, we all were. But I blamed myself, I missed one of my kicks, and if I had gotten it, maybe we could have won."

I started to shake my head, he was wrong. He smiled and continued, "I was horrible to you in the phone, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that, you are right, it must have been hard. The truth is"

He paused for a shaky breath, something that didn't go unnoticed. He seemed as nervous as I was. "I missed you so much" He ran a hand through his hair, embarrassed.

"Even though we didn't see each other often, I missed hearing your voice in the morning, and before I went to sleep. I missed your texts during the day about how you hated your job, or you were bored at college."

My heart fluttered, "Hell, I even missed how you use to tease me about Sexton, but most of all, I missed YOU. Knowing that felt the same way,"

Time seemed to slow down, as I took in his speech. I wasn't a very sappy person, but tears stung my eyes yet again. He saw this and stepped closer.

"Goddamn it, please don't cry" he mumbled, wiping away the tears before they fell onto my cheeks. I smiled, "See, there's the smile I missed. You look ravishing by the way" I rolled my eyes.

"Ever the charmer ey?" I joked, voice only shaking slightly. "I speak only the truth," he replied smoothly, scanning my face.

As I stared into his eyes I felt myself melt. "I missed you too" I admitted, looking down at the ground. He smiled widely, causing my cheeks to redden, isn't blushing great...

We stood there for a minute. Suddenly, the crowd outside started to get louder,the music came to a crescendo and people cheered. It must be getting closer to the new year.

Slowly, he raised his hand to under my chin and pulled my head up carefully so he was looking into my eyes. "Will you let me be a part of your 2016?" He asked, quietly.

He looked at me with wide, hopeful eyes and I froze. I could hear people chanting in the background.

Ten

I stayed still, staring into his eyes, seeing the hope, and pain he tried to hide.

Nine

Taking a deep breath I realised I was still frozen.

Eight

My eyes flickered to his torso, taking in the emerald green jersey.

Seven

I closed my eyes and opened them again, why was I taking so long?

Six

I could feel my palms sweating. Why was I so nervous?

Five

I took another deep breath,

Four

Now or never

Three

Standing on my tiptoes, I leaned in

Two

I could feel his hot breath on my lips

One

Fireworks exploded in the background as I raised my lips to his, giving him my answer. His arms dropped to my side and tightened, he pulled away briefly, "I'm never letting go now" he joked, before kissing me again...

A/N Whoooo! They're back! Yes they were only broken up for two chapters, but still! Comment, vote, and ship Owrin! Xx

Also, I'm really close to 2k, so think about what bonus chapter you'd like!