29. The Last Time

I stared around my empty bedroom. The bed was stripped of sheets, and the drawers are open. Gone are the posters, pictures and clothes that made it mine. Gone are the books, and the multiple hair ties from under the bed.

Tears pricked my eyes as I surveyed the blank room. All that remains of me, is the floor length mirror in the corner, and the mint green walls. I was delighted to go to England, to my dream job, and my dream guy, but I was sad to be leaving Dublin.

Bella put her arms around me and sighed as we looked into the mirror. I could see the tears threatening to fall from her eyes and I feel mine slip down my cheeks.

"I'm going to miss you" She whispers, "I'm going to miss Kanum" I reply, jokingly. She nods sadly before realising what I've said. "Hey!" She pokes me in the stomach with a sharp fingernail. I laugh, and she smiles, rolling her eyes. "I'll miss you too" I tell her.

After a while, my phone beeps, it's a text from my Mum, asking what time my flight is and when I'll come back and visit. I untangle myself from Bella and reply. "We'd better go" I say softly, and Bella nods.

As she locks up, I take one last fleeting look into the apartment. Last night, we had stayed in and got a takeaway, and watched Ten Things I hate about you, one last time.

We drove to the airport in silence. My phone came alive with texts from my teammates. When I had told them they were devastated, but supportive. I had already researched new teams in London online. "Are you cheating on us?" My coach had joked when she caught me on my phone before training.

They were all full of well wishes, and I turned it on mute. My stomach rolls as we see the first sign for the airport. Finally Bella speaks up. "I'll tell you what I won't miss"

My mouth curls up in a smile. "You dragging me along to all of your rugby matches." I roll my eyes. "Please, you didn't have to come. Besides, I won't mis you watching Spongebob at 3am on full blast."

Now it's her time to smile. "I won't miss you begging me for the car, and then adjusting my seat to your giant like height"

"I'm not a giant! You're tiny!"

She shoots me a sideways look, a Don't call me tiny look, so I shut up about her height.

"I won't miss the way you were always rude about my job"

"You hated your job!" "True," I admitted.

"I won't miss the way you always teased me about Twilight."

I smile wickedly. "Who says that's going to stop?" I tease. She glares at me again. "I read the books once" She complains, "So, you had them all under your bed last year"

She huffs and stares ahead. "You, Bella, are a closet Twilight lover" "Am not!" She protests. We continue to bicker until she pulls up at the drop off zone. "Do you have your passport?" She asks. I nod, "Boarding card?" "Yes mum" I reply.

"Underwear?" She replies, playing along. I get my bag from the back. I hug Bella one last time and make my way inside.

Before I know it, I'm on the plane and we're in the air. I count my lasts to pass the time.

Last time looking around my bedroom.
Last time locking up.
Last time playing for my old team.
Last time walking home from work.
Last time leaving the college campus.

I continue my somber thoughts as I goo through the terminal in London. My face brightens however when I see Owen.

He's turned away from me, staring at the flight times. I creep up behind him and drop my bag to the as quietly as I can. "Excuse me, are you Owen Farrell?" I ask, tapping his shoulder.

He turns around, worried he's been caught. he relaxes when he sees me. He hugs me."I thought I'd be mobbed again" He whispers in my ear as I continue to laugh about his face when he first turned around.

As we walk to his car, hand in hand, I think of another last.

Last time with a whole sea between us...

****************************************************************************************************************

A few things

1) Sorry for the late update, and how it's slightly shorter.
2) I realised that it has quite a sad theme, but Erin has just move completely.
3) This is the last proper chapter! There will be a two part Epilogue though.

Comment, Vote, and ship Owrin!! 💗💗💗