Chapter 18

It's Friday. Today I'm going to Calum's house for the project. And if I'm not careful with my actions because of my uncle, I could die today too.

I walked into school and went to my locker where I found Calum waiting for me like he did every day.

"Hey Jessica" he said with a grin as I opened my locker and started packing my books. "Hey Calum" I smiled. "So you're sure you're coming over right?" He asked. "Yeah" I answered. "I still think you had something to do with the seating arrangements in science though" I laughed as we walked to class. "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. You'll never know" he said with a laugh. "Oh I'll find out, Hood" I said with a mock glare. "We'll see about that, Ellis" he said with a chuckle, glaring back.

"Thats what you said before I beat all your asses at FIFA" I laughed. "Youre never gonna let that go are you?" He asked. "Never" I agreed. "I regret the decision to ever let you play" he laughed. "You're lucky you lost by so little points, I just didn't want to hurt your fragile teenage boy feelings" I giggled. "You beat us by 13 points how is that little I've never seen anyone do that!" He exclaimed.

"Jealous of my skills Calum?" I asked as we walked into our first class, science. "You wish" he laughed as we sat down at the table Luke and Michael were already sitting at.

"Your skills at what?" Luke asked. "She's talking about her beating us at FIFA..." Calum said with a sigh. "You got lucky" Michael murmured bitterly. "What was that?" I asked with a laugh. "Nothing" Michael said with a sigh. "Damn right, it's nothing. Luck has nothing to do with it, it takes skill" I boasted. "Why didn't you believe her when she told us that she was the champion at FIFA and not let her play?" LUke asked Calum. "I thought she was exaggerating" he said. "Shows you that you shouldn't assume things" I said. "But Mr Green is here now so pay attention" I said, pretending to pay attention to the teacher who had just arrived.

The lessons passed slowly and boringly, but eventually school ended and we walked to Calum's house together so we could do the project.

***

"I don't know, Google it. Let me eat my pizza in peace" I told the boys with a mouthful of pizza. "I'm liking you more and more Jessica" Michael said with a mouthful of his own pizza slice.
"But, as punishment for bragging about the little FIFA incident, I'll be taking the rest of this" he continued before snatching the rest of my slice out of my hand and shoving it in his mouth.

"What the fuck Michael!?" I exclaimed. "Woah" I heard Luke say. "What?" I asked when I saw all three boys staring at me. "You've never sworn before...We thought you were a good girl" Calum said. "Well, maybe all good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught" I said pointedly. (A/n: you see what I did there?) "Besides, I'm very passionate when it comes to pizza. Especially when assholes steal my pizza" I said, glaring at the smirking Michael.

A message came through on my phone. Yoi beyter be homw by sux. I wony be home then but yoi bettrr be from my uncle. Drunk texting again. I won't get a beating tonight if he's that drunk. At least one night off.

"Who's that?" Luke asked, looking over my shoulder. "I don't know, it must be a wrong number" I lied, deleting the message. "But anyway..." I said, paying attention to the project again.

"Oh, Michael's parents are here" Calum said as he looked out the window. "Okay, see you guys Monday" Michael said as he got up off the floor. "Bye Jessica" he said with a wink, laughing as he took the last slice of pizza out of the box. "But i wanted that..." i said, eyeing it hungrily. "Oh well, its mine now" he said and went outside before I could do anything about it. "I hope you get sick from the rain!" I called after him as I saw the pouring rain.

"Shut up" I said when I looked back at the boys and saw that they were laughing. "I think we've done enough for none day" Calum laughed before getting up and putting our project in his room.

"So why don't we watch a movie or something?" Calum offered when he came back. "Sure. Wait, what time is it anyway?" I asked, looking for my phone. "Its quarter past 6" Luke said. "Shit, I should've been home by now" I cursed as I got up in a hurry.

"Jessica, it's pouring out there, you can't walk home, my dad is on a business trip and he took the car and mt sister isn't here" Calum pointed out. "Yes but-" I started. "Yes but nothing. You'll get sick if you walk...the weather isn't supposed to clear up til tomorrow afternoon" he added. "Well what am I supposed to do then?" I asked. "I think you might have to stay the night..." he answered after a while, running a hand through his hair.

"I couldn't...I don't have any other clothes and you barely know me. I couldn't ask you to do that for me" I said, looking down at my feet. It's a nervous habit of mine.

"Of course, don't worry" he said. "Let me go tell my mom quick" he said and left.

So it's official, I'm staying overnight at Calum Hood's house. My uncle is gonna kill me if he finds out.