She nods, then shrugs. "I guess so."

"Why did you do it anyway?" I question suddenly and Both Zaidans and Alissa's smile disappears.

Trust me to ruin their fun.

"I had reasons." Alissa murmurs.

I frown as both Zaidan and Alissa gazes at me intently. They both continue when I look away and I sigh before looking down at my phone and occupying myself.

It shouldn't surprise me that she's more open to Zaidan than she is with me.

Once we had arrived at the mansion, I noticed that Alissa has appeared a lot more quiet than she was earlier and I raise my eyebrow at Zaidan as he gets out of the car an holds the door open for her.

Rolling my eyes, I get out of the car and greet Yaser and Trisha with a smile as Alissa and Zaidan come by my side.

Alissa is slightly behind me and Yaser smiles welcomingly.

"Alissa. It's been so long." Yaser coos softly as Alissa steps forward to greet him in a hug.

She moves onto Trisha and I half smile as Trisha gazes at me then back at Alissa before greeting her with a hug.

"I knew I'd see you again, love." Trisha smiles.

I clear my throat as Zaidan steps forward.

"Can we go inside now. I'm hungry." Zaidan mumbles.

Yaser roll his eyes. "Very well. We'll head inside because prince Zaidan has surprisingly got an appetite."

Alissa smiles before following behind Yaser and beside Zaidan.

I look down at Trisha as I continue behind.

"You okay sweetheart?"

I nod slightly before giving her a reassuring smile that I'm telling he truth.

Although Yaser and I have slightly seen eye to eye, I haven't quite allowed myself grow closer to Trisha. She's motherly in all ways, but I still haven't quite let go of my other mother.

I was emotionally close to her on a level that I don't think I can replicate with Trisha.

It took me a while to talk to her, but once I did, I knew building some sort of relationship was next, and I'm still not prepared for that.

"Come on then." She smiles before linking her arm around my own. "Are you going to tell me why you look so down?"

I sigh quietly before opening the door for the both of us. "I'll be okay." I promised her before we make our way into one of the many ballrooms in this mansion.

My eyes fall on the buffet on the table and then back on Alissa who's already seated.

I take a seat opposite her when I realise both Zaidan and Yaser have taken both seats while Trisha takes a seat beside me.

"Can we eat now?" Zaidan sighs.

"Go on." Yaser rolls his eyes before gazing back at Alissa and resuming whatever conversation they had.