CHAPTER 46 | show down

📎A/N. Hello my lovelies... Today Buried was #9 in Paranormal... thanks for all your wonderful support to get it there!! Each and every one of you are absolute legends who give me the courage to continue to post my stories :D

This week I interviewed the lovely Nicole Sturgill, better known on Wattpad as conleyswifey - you can check out the interview at  http://mnjgreenhill.com/mnj/2015/12/16/nicole-sturgill/

I hope you enjoy the chapter.

Take care

❤ ℳ 

PS. If you spot any errors let me know.

❧ ⚛ ✺ ≋ ≋ ≋ ≋ ≋ ✺ ⚛ ❧

Kaitlyn rushed up the stairs and through the front entrance. She headed towards the magnificent archway of the twin staircase that dominated the two-story foyer to the main wing of the house, in the direction of the distinctive sounds of combat. As she navigated over the bodies that littered the marble floor, she made a mental count. Including the dead upstairs, she calculated twelve downed mafia soldiers.

She reached for her gun, took the safety off, and edged around the gateway to the central area. Kaitlyn glanced back towards where she had come, ensuring that none of those on the floor were playing possum. The majority in the foyer were in human form and showed no visible injuries. If she had to guess, she was looking at standard mafia foot soldiers, too weak and slow to put up a fight against the more superior Werewolves. At some point during the fracas, lights had been switched on giving Kaitlyn ample ability to follow the trail of bodies.

As she entered the grand living room, Kaitlyn scanned the area that made up at least half of the ground floor. The soaring ceilings made the room appear cavernous. She took in the chaos disbursed in pockets inside the house.

Less than an hour ago, the place would have been pristine. The furniture, fittings and artwork attested to the wealth of the owner. Right now, all she could see was a battleground that had taken no prisoners. There wasn't a stick of furniture that had been left undamaged. The majority of the large windows had some form of breakage. Many of the broken glass panels had held in place, the web of shattered glass obscured the view of where the battle had moved to.

Kaitlyn spotted dents in the walls where something large had been thrown. For the amount of damage inflicted on the innocent room, there was only a smattering of bodies. Unlike the foyer, Murphy and the others must have gone up against other Werewolves. She was dismayed to discover surfaces caked in blood. The few bodies that lay broken were torn and limp, reminding her of a discarded rag doll.

Double-checking her surroundings to make sure that she wasn't about to be ambushed, Kaitlyn headed towards the wall of the once picturesque windows which opened onto a large outdoor area. Whatever was happening, was happening outside.

As she navigated the upturned furniture, her heart stopped when she laid eyes on the broken body of Jose. The Werewolf policeman had a gaping chest wound that exposed more than half of the insides of his torso. She fought to hold back the bile that made its way up her digestive system. The damage to his chest, coupled with the chunks of torn flesh from his legs and arms, an indication of the valiant fight he had put up. The wolves that had shred him to pieces had shown him no mercy.

Just as Kaitlyn reached an area with an opening in the glass large enough for her to move through, she let out a sob when she recognised one of the downed wolves. She rushed towards him and sunk to her knees to check for signs of life.

"Danny," she croaked when she realised he was gone.

Kaitlyn, knowing this wasn't the time to grieve and remembering that they were now three Werewolves down, jumped up and went in search of the others. She didn't need to go far. As soon as she reached the patio she was confronted with the sight of her grandfathers and Tim's wolves herding six mafia wolves and three in human form back into a corner next to an open fireplace. All eight of their 'sheep' looked worse for wear and it was clear they had surrendered.