CHAPTER 13 | the gatecrasher

📎 A/N. Welcome to the weekend my lovelies! Hope you had a fantastic week and accomplished everything you needed to :-)

Thanks for all your support, it has been wonderful. This week we have been joined by readers from Zambia, Lebanon, Cambodia, Georgia, Hungary, Austria, and Czech Rep. Welcome to you all!

Enjoy, and have a safe rest of your weekend.

 ❤ ℳ

❧ ⚛ ✺ ≋ ≋ ≋ ≋ ≋ ✺ ⚛ ❧

From his vantage point he counted a total of nine guards. Two shooters on the roof, three near the front entrance, two roaming the perimeter, and two more standing guard at the dock.

Dismissing the almost non existent security as an actual threat, he resumed his assessment of the property.

A satisfied expression overtook him as he continued to explore the location it had taken him so long to find.

This will do just fine.

The sprawling Mediterranean style villa was a rich man's paradise. No expense had been spared - from the expansive granite terrace, to the grand two storey arched doorways which led to a spectacular marble floored groin vaulted gallery.

The house boasted five en-suite bedrooms, state of the art kitchen, lavish first floor master suite, media room, gym, game room, hot tub, outdoor fireplace and grill area and a dock at the rivers edge. Two garages flanked the building with parking for ten cars.

The waterfront estate in New Hampshire, nestled away in a secluded part of the area, and well hidden by the surrounding dense woods that were signature to this part of the state, had taken him nearly six weeks to find.

At one point he had almost given up hope of locating them in time. Sniggering quietly to himself, he had to admit - the dozen or so humans they had to play with to get to this point had more than made up for the delay. What was more enjoyable was that only a fraction of his playthings had been located.

If the humans knew the true number, they would really have something to write in their silly little newspapers.

Elijah surveyed the area once again to ensure that there were no others lurking to disrupt his grand entrance. Settling back into his hiding place he grimaced as he glanced across to the pristinely kept outdoor area.

"I'll never understand humans," he muttered as he looked between the Infinity Pool and the beach a short distance away.

When he had finally located his destination the previous day, he was fully expecting state of the art security. Much to his surprise he had discovered the only electronic security monitoring the property was along the outside perimeter of the massive wall that flanked the large estate.

Once inside he found he could move unimpeded through the overgrown vegetation and trees until he encountered the armed guards.

The small number of security testament to the fact that his prey was convinced that the true nature of their business and identity was concealed from the general public and authorities.

Glancing across at the area resembling a small carpark, he counted the number of vehicles. Cars had been arriving at regular intervals for the past hour. The tenth had only just arrived and the sole occupant had disappeared into the house shortly after.

He had to admire their constraint. Rather than flashy sports cars and high end luxury vehicles that their money could obviously buy. They each drove nondescript middle class saloons and SUV's. The driveway was littered with Ford Escapes, Dodge Durango SUV's, Chevrolet's and Cadillac's with a Lexus thrown in for good measure.