41-Hermione Reads the News

Start from the beginning

"Hannah Abbott has also disappeared," Pomona Sprout put in. "Do you think...could she have been...?"

"Taken?" Shacklebolt asked. "It appears so."

"How come all the people we fought down there were so young?" Harry asked. He had Moody's eye in a jar and was swishing it around. "Wouldn't most of them be adults by now?"

"My guess is that Nyx or Gaea had preserved them. When Ethan first appeared at Hogwarts, Nyx told Dawn to heal him because he had a wound in his stomach."

"That was right before he fell into the fissure," Percy remembered. "He swung at Kronos, but his sword broke and a piece ricochetted through his armor."

"This confirms it," Snape said. "We don't know who Nyx is influencing. The only person who has even admitted hearing her to me was Wilby Blue."

"And you didn't ask Drew?" Percy accused.

"I did." Snape's face contorted into a scowl at the memory. "She refused to talk to me and attempted to pour a potion into my shoes."

"And another detail," Kingsley spoke up. He glanced briefly in Harry's direction. "Nyx had tried to influence both Harry and Ron."

Harry gaped and dropped Moody's eye. "What?!"

"Apparently they were hard to turn. So she changed her mind and switched to Dawn."

Then Kingsley stood from his chair, "I believe are discussion is finished? I must get back and talk to the Muggle prime minister. We have pressing manners to discuss, and it can't wait."

***

So that was the meeting.

Mythology class was going okay. Hermione was patient with the students, but Draco practically exploded into a supernova when Neville couldn't remember the name of the monster they had been talking about five minutes before. But Neville did improve greatly after that.

DADA class was going great. The students could now do forty situps in a minute. They learned a few moves, and most were now decent at magical combat.

Annabeth decided that it was time to start with weapons. She walked over to a blanket-covered crate, which did nothing but draw attention to it as it was bright blue.

"No!" Percy ran over. "I'll do it I'll do it."

Annabeth rolled her eyes and let him do the whip-off-the-blanket-as-dramtically-as-possible thing.

"Drum roll please..." Percy said, his hand on the blanket.

"Just do it Seaweed Brain," Annabeth said.

"K." Percy flung off the blanket, which flew across the room and smacked Pansy Parkinson in the face.

"Sorry," Percy said. Then he gestured to the crate while everyone gasped in unison.

This was later known as the Great Intake of Breath by scientists.

The wooden crate was full of wooden weapons. And also plastic shields. And the sharp weapons had foam around the edges.

"What is that?" Leo gasped as Percy hefted a foam covered battle axe, which didn't look anywhere near sharp.

"It's a battle axe," Percy said. "Duh. Didn't you make a lot of those back at Camp?"

"It's...it's..." Leo searched for a word, "it's so...safe."

"That's the point," Percy said. "Although there aren't really any points on these things."