My New Powers :D

Chapter 19

Dabria’s POV

“Baby girl~ it’s time to wake up,” I heard Shadow’s voice say. I pulled the covers over me. I wanted to sleep now; I am so stubborn.

“Dabria~” Shadow cooed.

“Nooooo,” I groaned.

“Dabria Lynn Martinson,” I shot up afraid. Shadow smirked, “I knew that would get you up.”

I rubbed my eyes, “What? What do you want?”

“Well I guess you don’t want to spend time with me, Dabria,” Shadow faked anger and crossed his arms. I quickly remembered earlier.

I blushed, “Y-yes! I do! I do!”

Shadow chuckled, “Then get off your lazy butt, we’re training.”

I perked up, “Training?” I wagged my little tail, “Yes, yes!” I got up and ran outside with Shadow, eager to begin. I stood still, waiting for orders.

He chuckled at first, “Ok, I have no idea how to initiate this, but start doing stuff until something happens,” he chuckled again. I was so confused. Shadow gave me a look and it intimidated me. I started throwing punches at the air and at Shadow, nothing happened. I threw kicks, nothing happened. I even tried to pick up stuff, like a tree for instance, to see if I got new strength. I ran, but noticed I have lost my speed. I chased Shadow around for his Emerald to try a Chaos power, but he would not let me.

“Shadow! What if I have a new Chaos power?” I complained.

“No, my Emerald, you can go get yours,” Shadow smiled, “you have two legs that aren’t broken.”

“Ha ha, very funny,” I ran into the house looking for my Emerald. I went to my room and found it on my bedside.

I held my violet Emerald, feeling its power flow through me. Thank goodness, I have not lost this feeling. I thought of Shadow outside waiting for me and whispered, “Chaos Control,” a bright light surrounded me and I teleported to the outside, in front of Shadow.

He jumped, “Dabria!” he scolded. I giggled and he shook his head, “You’ll always be such a child, Dabria,” I gave him a big smile.

I tried focusing my energy into something new. I felt…weird…like this power was not used by me before. The surge of power was shooting through me, as if I could not contain my power.  I opened my eyes and saw Shadow still standing in front of me and I was still holding my Emerald.

Snap… I heard. I looked around frantically. I know that that was not Shadow’s voice by any means.

“You alright Dabria, sweetheart?” I could tell Shadow was concerned greatly.

Snap… I heard again. I was getting a little scared and curious too. Without thinking, I snapped my fingers and I saw Shadow go flying in a split second, “Shadow!” I cried and ran over to him.

He coughed, “Dabria,” I held him close, “that’s some power you got there…” he passed out and I started to cry. A red aura surrounded him like before and he woke up. He healed himself again…

Shadow cleared his throat, “Gosh, Dabria that’s some power you have!” he seemed excited about my new power. He held my hands, “Dabria, do you know what power you have?”

I shook my head no, “But I hurt you, Shadow.”

“Nah, don’t worry about that. You somehow acquired the skill of Chaos Magic, Dabria!”

I looked at him confused, “Chaos….Magic?”

“Yes, darling. It’s when you focus all your power and with a snap of your fingers, you can create a time-space warp that knocks your opponent flying.” He seemed knowledgeable, “Sweetie, could you do it again?”

“B-but Shadow, I don’t want to h-hurt you!” I was worried for him.

“Aw, come on please; for old Shadow’s sake?”

“Shadow, you are not old, you are 18 years old.”

“Newsflash, Dabria, I’m 18 on the outside, but older than 50 on the inside.”

I had forgotten, “So does this mean we’re illegal?”

Shadow chuckled, “There are no rules here, Dabria, and I want to be with you for as long as I can.”

I blushed, “I think I can try again,” We both stood up and I focused on my new power. I had to admit it was cool. I focused my power again and felt that rushing surge of power through me.

Snap… I heard from somewhere. I obeyed and snapped my fingers again. Shadow went airborne about 10 feet away from me. I quickly ran to his side.

“Shadow?” I asked worriedly. He had passed out again, but this time he did not wake up, nor did the familiar red aura surround him, “Shadow!” I cried. I gently dragged him under a tree where it was shady for him to relax.

“Oh Shadow, I’m so sorry,” I stroked his head waiting for him to wake up, but he would not. I could see he was alive however, his stomach was moving up and down as he breathed. I was thankful for that.

“It’s going to be ok, Shadow. You just need some sleep; I must have hit you hard. I’m so sorry,” I told him, not that he could hear me. I kissed his head and noticed he was still warm.

I do not know how long I sat there with him, but time seemed to go by slow. I had laid on him in order for him to see me the first time he woke up. A little while ago, I heard thunder. I hope we will be ok…

The sky was getting dark, and Shadow wouldn’t wake up, “Please Shadow, please wake up; the storm is getting close,” I gently shook him but he wouldn’t wake up. I heard thunder rumble; I was scared. I saw lightning in the distance and I cowered in fear.

Another was coming, and for a split second I saw it, I shielded my face waiting for my end.

I was not dead. I opened my eyes and saw a purple dome surrounding Shadow and I. The tree behind me was destroyed but Shadow and I were ok. I…protected us…with a force-field?? Wow, another new power! I turned around to tell Shadow, but he was still out like a light. I let down the force field and cradled Shadow in my arms. He was going to get wet, and so was I. Carefully, I picked up Shadow, and it was not easy, and walked back to the house with him.

Sonic saw me struggling, opened the door, and helped me carry my sleepy Shadow. I lay with Shadow as it started to rain.

“Da-Dabria? Wh-What happened?” I heard Shadow say weakly.

I was so relieved and gave him a big hug, “I used Chaos Magic on you, and you passed out and didn’t wake up. I also learned I could protect myself with a force field. I’m just so glad you’re ok. It’s raining now so we can’t train anymore, I’m sorry.”

Shadow hugged me back and kissed my head, “That’s great, darling, and I’m glad you enjoyed yourself,” he smiled.

I heard the thunder rumble again and I cowered in fear.

“It’s ok sweetheart, I’m here for you. Now sleep, my love,” he assured me. I snuggled up to him and fell into a deep sleep.

“I love you Dabria and I always will,” was the last thing I heard from Shadow.

Shadow’s POV

I could not remember what happened before, but I am glad that Dabria has learned something new. I feel bad that she is afraid of thunderstorms and all I can really do is hold her. I am glad I am ok too. I hugged her close to me and I fell asleep myself with the patter of the rain as my comforter.