Surprise!

(Author's Note-- Hi everyone i'm really sorry if this is short the next chapter will be much better I promise Thanks for reading!! -ShadowLover52)

Chapter 14

I set the plates on the buffet table and sat in one of the chairs decorated in purple. I was still worried about Shadow, but I took Amy’s advice and tried to have fun. My cake was chocolate with pink icing roses, the Sonic gang DEFINITELY knows me well. I blew out my candles after everyone sang “Happy Birthday”; seventeen of them. We ate our cake and Amy begged me to let us sing karaoke. Maybe it would keep my mind off of Shadow’s absence. As Amy was setting up the karaoke machine, I looked around the room in search of a victim. I smiled as I glanced in Knuckles’ direction.

Maybe he has a good singing voice, I thought to myself, “Hey Knuckles!” I called. He looked up and walked towards me. I grabbed a microphone when he wasn’t looking.

"Hm?" since he was taller than me, I was looking up at him. Amy had the machine turned on and I shoved the microphone in his hand.

"You're first," I smiled sweetly. Knuckles groaned but accepted. I sat down with the rest of the group to listen. I expected him to sing his theme song, "Unknown", but he started to sing something else. I recognized it right away as the song "Over and Over" by Three Days Grace and I brightened. He started to sing.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okC4hw8IPYg)

He finished and everyone applauded. I was right, he was a great singer. I smiled and pushed Sonic up there next. He just sighed and picked a song.

"I know you'll laugh at my choice, Dabria," he smiled at me and the song played. It was "What is Love?"! I giggled.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuDEP6eFkeA)

I was laughing and singing along to Sonic's song and didn't even realize that the song had ended. Sonic tapped me on the shoulder.

"Dabria, the song is over," I stopped immediately and turned pink. I didn't feel that bad because I pushed Silver up next. He kept on scrolling through the songs, trying to pick a great one. He finally just gave up and picked a random song which happened to be my favorite All American Rejects song, "Dirty Little Secret".

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOoHahF6OGQ)
"Aww thank you Silver," I smiled and he turned a little pink. Blaze went next and so did Rouge. They both sang "Bad Boy" by Cascada.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyOFc54VNJc)
We were all laughing at them and Rouge hit Knuckles for laughing at her. It was finally my turn, I was very nervous but bravely went up to the karaoke machine and picked my favorite song "Halfway Gone" byLifehouse. I sang this song in my low voice that I have developed.
(http://www.youtube.com/watchv=hynYXPIUQEs&list=PL15BDF49DBB0BBB0B&index=19&feature=plpp_video)

I heard a lot of appalause and everyone was smiling big.
Then someone attacked me out of nowhere and pinned me on the ground from behind. I screamed and breathed heavily; I was very scared. No one was trying to help me either which was surprising. I closed my eyes, shivering, and waiting for my end. Nothing happened though. I tried to look up but the person behind me put their hands over my eyes.
"Guess who!" I heard everyone yell out. I could hear the smiles in their voices. Faintly, I heard a low, sinister chuckle from behind me. I knew that voice anywhere.
Shadow I thought, "Shadow!!" I yelled out happily. The mystery person's hands had been moved away and I turned around quickly but no one was there. Now he's playing with me, "Shadow!" I said in an annoyed voice. I turned around several times and got dizzy. I couldn't stand upright and I fell. Warm arms caught me as I fell and I looked up.
"Hello, darling," Shadow smiled at me. I smiled wide as well.
"You little! You scared the life out of me! Oh, why I oughta..." I was cut off by a passionate kiss from Shadow. I knew he would never forget my birthday.
"Happy Birthday, sweetheart," Shadow said sweetly. Sonic came over to help me up but Shadow glared and growled at him. Sonic backed away and Shadow helped me up. I took the microphone and gave it to him.
"Your turn," I smiled evilly and Shadow rolled his eyes.
"Fine, go sit down," he ordered. I sat back down on the floor to watch Shadow sing. He picked one of my favorite Three Days Grace songs, "Lost In You". I kept quiet and listened intently.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIMJPlDiI3w)
That's such a great love song, I thought to myself. When it was over I ran and gave Shadow a hug. He hugged me back.
"Hey you didn't even get your present from me yet," he smiled and pulled out a small box. My eyes widened.
"Shadow..." he made me turn around and he put the necklace around me. I looked down and saw it was a beautiful sterling silver locket. I opened it and there was a picture of him inside. A hot one to be exact.
"I love it, Shadow. Thank you," I turned around and hugged him tight.
This was the best birthday ever.