Escape

Chapter 3

Shadow arrived at my door the next morning still not very happy to see me. He dragged me again to the training room like the doctor ordered last night. He eased his grip on me, but hung on tight. We came to a room with a high ceiling, and no windows. It was all gray and dull. The doctor was waiting for us. Shadow let go of me again and I stared at the doctor.

“I want to see if you will be useful in fighting, if not I can fix that. Shadow, you know what to do, no holding back,” Shadow was happy to follow these orders. We were going to fight, I could tell. I wasn’t ready for this. I didn’t want to hurt Shadow either. I cared for him too much, but I couldn’t think about that now. I have to get myself angry, and not think about my feelings. I closed my eyes and thought about the times Eggman betrayed Shadow, it always made me mad. My family, how they never understood me, all of Shadow’s song translations, these made me feel like I could do anything.

“Fight!” I heard Eggman say. I opened my eyes and locked on my target, my feelings for him pushed back in my head. Now I was ready. I took the first swing and I hit Shadow full on. He used Chaos Control to teleport away, and hit me in my back. My Chaos Emerald wasn’t hidden anymore. I picked it up and used Chaos Spear, but Shadow teleported again. I turned around and caught his fist and threw him against the wall. We kept fighting for a while and I was doing well. Shadow was weak but he didn’t give up. He caught me off-guard and punched my right arm. I got up, but fell to one knee. My left arm, hurting from one hit? No, that can’t be right. Wait, Shadow dragged me by my left arm. I looked at it again. It had bruised already and it was bleeding, I put my hand over it again. Shadow came over to me. I removed my hand for him to see.

“You did this when dragged me today and last night,” I stared coldly at him. Shadow was surprised. I suddenly wasn’t in my angry state anymore.

“I think that’s enough, I’ve seen your potential. Shadow, take her to her room,” Eggman left the room. Shadow turned his head to me and saw I was crying. He felt bad I guessed, because he looked at me sympathetically.

“I can walk there, you don’t have to drag me. I’m feeling enough pain already,” I wiped away the dreaded tears. Now Shadow probably thought I was a crybaby. He stuck around, though. Probably nothing better to do. I found my room, walked in and went in the bathroom to clean my cuts. When I was done, I was surprised to see that Shadow was still here. Now was the chance to win his heart.

“You’re still here I see. That’s good, I wanted to talk to you…about your past,” Shadow’s head quickly shot up, I had made him interested. He sat with me on the bed.

“I swear everything that I say is not a lie. I promise you, Shadow,” I assured him. He nodded and I continued, “52 years ago you were created by Black Doom and Dr. Gerald Robotnik. The government found out and got mad at the doctor and killed your best friend, Maria. I’m very sorry Shadow. Anyway, before you lost your memory, you teamed up with Sonic and destroyed the laser cannon on ARK. You saved everyone, and fulfilled Maria’s wish for you to protect the humans, not destroy them. I don’t even understand why you teamed up with Eggman again, he is only going to betray you again. And this is my personal thought; I think you look really cute when you smile. Also, I think you look cool when you’re in your super form,” I blushed at my comments to him. I looked over at Shadow.

“Where did you say you came from?” Shadow wondered.

“I was transformed by a Chaos Emerald from Earth, where you kind of just left,” I hesitated, “I have been studying you closely and your past. I call it Shadology.” He laughed at my made up science study. I smiled at him.

“Well I guess I should get you out of here. You probably don’t want me around to hurt you anymore,” Shadow sighed.

“Yes, I would like to get out of here, but not because of you. I just don’t want to serve Eggman for the rest of my life,” I admitted. Shadow nodded.