Chapter 25

*Yesenia's POV*

God I hate the woods. There's Mosquitos and bugs everywhere. We drove to a popular camping place then set off on a hike. "Are we there yet?" I whined.

"No Yesenia. We barely started, it's only been like an hour," Bailey responded.

"It feels like we've been hiking for days." After another hour of hiking we decided to set up camp. " I don't know how to pitch a tent."

"Of course you don't." Bailey set up our tent then I crashed inside.

"I'm so tired. I can't even like move."

"Stop exaggerating. If I knew you were this lazy I wouldn't have invited you."

"I'm not lazy but the hike up here was tiring."

"Okay I'll give you that much." We had hot dogs for dinner and s'mores for desert. I didn't feel like I was eating too much and I didn't need to throw up. That night I laid next to Bailey and wondered what I was going to do once I got out of treatment.

"Bai are you still awake?" Bailey grumbled something under her breath. "Bai do you know what you're going to do once you get out of treatment?" Bailey turned around to face me and sighed.

"I've actually never thought about it."

"Really? I think about it all the time."

"I guess I'm mostly just focused on recovery."

"I'd like travel for a bit then go to college but I mean I'm like broke."

"Really? To get treatment here is pretty expensive."

"I know, my dad is paying for it. I just don't want to feel like a free loader." Bailey sighed.

"Well let's go to sleep because tomorrow we're getting up at 4am."

"4AM?!"

"Yes now shut up and go to sleep." I turned around and muttered under my breath.

"You all want to kill me."

The next morning we all went on another hike but it wasn't as long or tiring as the first one. We rested for awhile at the top and I looked out at the incredible scenery. It was all so peaceful yet full of life. It was beautiful. We passed by a gift shop on the way back and Mr.McCarthy let us look around. The store was small and had a lot of hand made trinkets. I saw this really cool dream catcher so I grabbed it. I also saw this beautiful jade necklace. I held it and stroked the wonderful small balls of jade.

"Did you know that for almost a thousand years, jade has been worshiped for its life-extending powers."

I jumped a little and turned around. A Native American man, I'd say in his late fifties, was smiling brightly at me. I was about to speak up when he started talking again.

"It was used for courage, wisdom, emotional balance,love, fidelity, humility, generosity, peace, and harmony.Jade is believed to bring good luck, health and fortune. It's a stone with a gentle, steady energy." He stopped and gave me another smile. It was quiet for awhile as I wondered what to say back.

"Uhm wow that's really cool."

"Yes it is very cool indeed. It's a good gift for yourself and it will complement your skin tone nicely." I smiled and felt my cheeks fill with blush.

"Thank you but I already have this cool dream catcher. It's supposed to catch my bad dreams right?"

"Yes your bad dreams will get caught in the web leaving you with pleasant dreams only."