Chapter 9: Social Status

Start from the beginning

“Hey, Chase? Thanks for listening to me, you probably don’t hear a lot of girls moaning to you.” I said before realizing what I said was totally wrong. Chase burst out laughing and I just heaved a sigh. No use covering it up now.

*

Before I went home, I stopped by the local grocery store and bought a carton of chocolate milk because honestly Britton was drinking most of it and plus I didn’t want Aunt Lucy and Britton to think I just left the house randomly like a maniac. I got weird looks as I strolled through the store in my smiley face pajama shorts and old band t-shirt. As I made my way to the cashier, I fumbled around in my bag trying to find some cash, when someone called my name.

“Charlotte?” a male voice called from behind me. I looked up to see Calvin in front of me giving me the once over. His lips curled up in a smirk as he saw my smiley face pajama bottoms.

“Umm.. yeah?” I answered as I clutched the chocolate milk carton to my chest. Calvin then burst out laughing and the my blood rushed to my cheeks.

“Those... are ... some... really cute.. pajamas.” he managed to say through breaks of laughter. I looked down at my dirtied up converse until the cashier spoke in.

“Sorry to interrupt your little flirt thing, but it’s going to be $3.67” said the grumpy old man pointing at my milk carton. I sighed. I was about to tell the man I only had my driver’s license, a nickel and a pack of gum on me, when Calvin gave the cashier a five dollar bill. Before I could tell the chasier not to take the money, the grumpy old man shoved the bill into the cash register and gave Calvin his change. The two of started walking outside when I stopped at my car.

“I’ll pay you back on Monday. Thanks though.” I said as I opened my car door.

“But I don’t want five dollars.” He stated as he leaned against my car. I looked at him with a confused expression.

“Umm.. then what do you want?” I asked hesitantly, not sure of what he might ask for.

“A date with you.” he said shrugging his shoulders. My body went rigid. Was this guy serious?

“Umm... I.. but... it’s just.. I’m a potato and you’re the epitome of Abercrombie model!” I burst out. I instantly cover my mouth, regretting I even stepped out of the house today. Calvin tumbled over in laughter and I really just wanted to fall of the face of the earth. After Calvin’s laughter had subsided, he closed the gap between us and wrapped an arm around my waist, which sent shocks through my body.

“I’ll pick you up at seven tonight.” he whispered as his hot breath fanned across my face. I was officially turning into a baked potato from his hotness. He let go of my waist and walked off to his car as I stood there dumbfounded. I have a date. Like with an actual human being that is hotter than the sun. Okay, I’m totally cool about this. Yup fuck cool. I’m not cool. I’m dying.

*

“Stella, meet my two best friends, Michelle and Emily” I said as I introduced the blond bombshell to my friends who had their mouths wide open. Emily whispered into my ear.

“Umm... when did you become friends with these kind of people? I thought you were into people who are fictional.” she whispered and Michelle nodded her head vigorously in agreement.

“Looks can be deceiving. She is really nice once you get to know her!” I whispered back trying to get them to see Stella wasn’t all legs and beauty.

“So what was the ‘emergency’” Stella asked as she sat down on my bad and crossed her legs.

“Umm.. it’s kind of.. like.. I have a date.” I managed to get out. Emily and Michelle started bombarding me with questions as Stella sat there with a playful smile on her face. As soon as Emily and Michelle calmed down, Stella asked me a question.