Chapter 16

"How's Rikki?" Emma asked that evening.

"She's still sleeping," Zac told her. "And she keeps muttering stuff about Christmas, and the Easter Bunny. Nixie volunteered to stay with her tonight."

"I still can't believe that Rikki drank my potion," Mimmi shook her head and placed her head in her hands.

"If only Erik had drunk it..." Lyla sighed, thoughtfully.

"Exactly," Ondina muttered.

Zac, Evie, Cleo, Emma, Mimmi, Ondina and Lyla were all sat around a table in Rikki's. Bella and Sirena were getting ready to perform a duet on stage, with Lewis on the drums and Nate on the keyboard. They had told Zane what happened to Rikki, and they had made up a lie for Sophie, who had been pestering them all afternoon about where Rikki was.

"She just felt a bit sick," Evie said.

"She went home with Nixie," Sirena nodded.

"She never said she felt ill," Sophie crossed her arms. "She should have told me."

"She doesn't have to tell you every single event that happens in her life," Lyla said defensively.

Sophie laughed. "And she'd tell you? She's known you for, like, three days!! I've known her a lot longer then that."

Lyla began to raise her hand towards Sophie, but Zac stopped her. "She's not worth it," Zac said, grabbing Lyla's wrist. "Why don't you save your magic to use on Erik?" He suggested, escorting Lyla over to a seat, much to Evie's disliking.

"Poor Rikki," Cleo said. "I hope she gets better soon."

"I'll be working on a cure as soon as I wake up tomorrow," Mimmi said suddenly. "Lewis said he'd research some stuff for me."

"And I'll help you," Emma nodded to Mimmi.

"Well, let's just try to enjoy tonight," Zac suggested. "And we'll make sure Erik pays back tomorrow."

"Weren't we going to wait for a full moon so we could get inside the Chamber?" Cleo reminded them.

"We don't have time for that now," Ondina replied. "We have lost nearly all our moon rings, and now Rikki can't help us anymore."

Just then the lights went dark, and the spotlights lit up the stage. Everyone turned to look.

"Hey," Nate said, grabbing his microphone and wriggling his eyebrows. "This is a song for all the ladies in the house. Yeah-"

"Oh dear," Emma whispered.

"-Actually, this is a song for everyone in the café tonight," Bella corrected Nate through her microphone. "But we're dedicating this song to Rikki, the girl who the café is named after, because, unfortunately, she isn't feeling too well tonight, and we want her to get better as quickly as possible."

"Great," Mimmi sighed, slumping down in her seat. "Why doesn't she just announced to the whole world my mistake!"

Zac put his arm around his sister. "It wasn't your fault," Zac consoled her. "We can call Rita tomorrow and see if she can help us if Rikki isn't better."

"And we'd also like to welcome a new singer to our band, only here for a few nights, please welcome: Sirena!!" Bella announced.

Sirena politely waved to the audience who clapped, Zac and his table of friends cheering as loudly as they could.

They began by singing an upbeat song Bella had wrote. Bella and Sirena sang a verse each, and then sang the chorus together, their voices in perfect harmony. When they had finished they received a massive applause from the audience, a few people even stood up for them!