Chapter 9

Zac and his mermaids friends entered Rikki's and sat down. They had to push two tables together to they could all sit as one. Everyone grabbed a menu and began to read.

"Lobster!!" Nixie grinned, her eyes shining when she read the menu.

"You nearly threw up in my Mum's car," Zac laughed. "I think you shouldn't have something quite as big."

Nixie groaned, and rolled her eyes.

Everyone eventually decided on what to order: they decided to buy the Sea Food Platter Special, which included a range of different sea foods made to fit the needs of everyone's taste buds. It even included lobster, which Nixie was pleased about. They all picked out a drink, too.

A girl with pale blonde hair came up to them with a notepad and pen and asked them for their order.

"Are you new in town?" She asked them.

"Yeah we are," Zac nodded.

The girl smiled. "I thought so, I don't think I've ever seen you before, and everyone comes to my café!"

"Your café?" Ondina asked. "So you're Rikki?"

Rikki smiled. "That's me!" Rikki pulled a piece of paper out of her pocket and placed it on the table in front of them. "If you're not too busy, you should, totally, come back here tonight. We're have a live band perform with new songs!"

"We might check it out," Lyla said. "Though we are a little bit busy later on."

"Well, come if you can, all drinks and food are half price tonight!"

"We'll see, thank you," Mimmi nodded.

"Are you thinking about hiring new singers?" Sirena asked.

"The band already has a singer, my friend called Bella. But I'm sure if you want they would audition you," Rikki shrugged. "I don't know, I'm not really a singer."

"I'm with you there," Nixie said, nodding at Rikki.

They watched Rikki go back around the counter. "Sophie, one sea food special for table four!"

"I'm on it," Sophie, a girl with bright orange dyed hair responded.

"Emma, here's the drinks they ordered," Rikki passed Emma the notebook with the order.

"It's strange, looking in here and not seeing David," Sirena sighed.

"Or Carly," Evie agreed.

"Or Cam," Zac looked down.

"This isn't the time to mope about," Ondina whispered, leaning across the table. "We need to find ourselves a couple of human mermaids before the next full moon."

"I agree," Lyla said. "We gave to stop Erik as quickly as we can."

"The next full moon is weeks away," Nixie reminded them.

"And just think of how many more moon ring Erik could have taken by then," Mimmi said.

"Well, we'll eat dinner, and then look," Zac said.

"But how do we do that?" Evie asked.

"Is there anything of Rita's we could use?" Sirena asked Mimmi.

"There's a truth potion, a sleeping potion, an ill potion, a memory loss potion-" Mimmi began counting the potions on her fingers.

"Why don't you tell us your life story while you're at it?!" Nixie muttered. She turned to face the counter. "I wonder when my lobster is coming?"