Chapter 11

Minni found a poster created for the Marine Park, with the location written at the bottom in big writing. She told Lyla and Ondina, and together they found their way.

There was a huge sign post welcoming all the tourists and visitors, and the Marine Park was full of rides, shops with souvenirs, people dressed up as pirates, pools full of dolphins and other sea creatures, a massive pirate ship which you could board, and lots more excitement!!

Lyla took one of the programmes from a man who was handing them out, and she flicked through it until she found a coloured map, spread over two pages.

"Where do you want to go?" Lyla asked. She turned the page. "Oohh, they have dolphin shows every two hours!"

"Lyla, stay focused!" Ondina said.

"What?" Lyla asked innocently.

"We need to find some mermaids," Ondina said, looking at a group of girls walking past them. "I don't know how we're going to do that, but we have too."

Mimmi snapped her fingers. "I know!!"

"What?" Lyla and Ondina asked.

"Lyla, when is the next dolphin show on?"

"Mimmi!!!" Ondina yelled, throwing her arms up in the air.

"In ten minutes," Lyla said once she had flipped the page back to the schedule.

"We need to go there," Mimmi said.

"We need to find some mermaids," Ondina muttered.

"Why?" Lyla asked Mimmi.

Mimmi sighed, sometimes she didn't realise that not everyone could think and catch onto ideas as fast as she could. "When a mermaid gets splashed with water, what does she do?"

"Grows her tail," Lyla answered.

"What else would she do?" Mimmi questioned them.

"Run away so no one would see her?" Ondina replied.

Mimmi sighed. "Anything else!?"

"Jump into the sea?" Lyla shrugged.

Mimmi pointed at Lyla. "Yes!! When we get splashed we jump into a big mass of water, so we don't transform on land. So... If a mermaid got splashed here, at the Marine Park, what do you think she'd do?"

"Jump into water," Ondina nodded.

"And what sea creatures live in water at the Marina?" Mimmi said.

Lyla grinned, finally understanding. "Dolphins."

"And who here can talk to dolphins?" Mimmi asked, pointing to herself.

Ondina smiled too. "You can," she said to Ondina.

"So I can ask the dolphins if they've seen any mermaids jump into the water," Mimmi spread her hands out.

Ondina rolled her eyes. "Why did you have to ask us all those questions? You could have just told us that."

Mimmi shrugged. "It was more fun this way."

Lyla, with the map, guided her mermaid friends to the dolphin show. However, when they tried to get to the dolphins the guard told them the area was strictly off limits, and he sent them to go sit down on the massive layered benches with all the other tourists. And as none of the mermaids had their moon rings, they had to turn back.

"He's still watching us," Ondina said, looking at the huge guard out of the corner of her eye. "He must know that we're going to try get back in there."