Chapter 14

Lewis was busy, sitting in his favourite fishing spot with his rod out at sea, waiting for a fish to come by and spot the bait.

He had been there for almost one hour, and he had so far caught nothing. He checked his watch. He promised he'd meet Cleo at the Marine Park just before lunch time, for that night, it was a full moon.

Sirena, Nixie and the rest of the real mermaids were once afraid of the power of the full moon (when they were little hatchlings) but they eventually grew up to love the moon and extract it's power.

But for Cleo, Emma, Rikki, Bella and Evie, it was another story.

When a human who has transformed into a mermaid looks at the full moon, all kinds of crazy things happen, and the next morning, the person who gets affected wakes up and remembers nothing.

Lewis helped Cleo and her friends seal up all the windows and doors in their homes, but one of them usually gets affected, one way or another. Sometimes, all the girls have been affected together!!

Lewis began packing up his fishing gear, when he heard the wiz of his fishing rod. He looked at it, to find he had a bite.

Grinning, Lewis grabbed his rod and began wheeling his catch in. But the fish seemed to be too strong for him, and no matter how hard Lewis tried, the fish didn't want to be brought onto land.

"Boo!!" Suddenly Will's head popped up from under the water, and Lewis gave a massive yell, dropped his fishing rod and jumped backwards.

Will laughed and removed his goggles. "It's just me."

"Will! Have you been scaring all the fish away?" Lewis asked, continuing to pack up his fishing equipment.

"No," Will laughed. "There are no fish in this area today!"

"Why?" Lewis asked, reeling his fishing rod in.

Will shrugged. "You're the scientist, not me."

Lewis picked up all guys equipment. "I'm going to meet Cleo," Lewis told Will.

"Are you helping her out with the full moon tonight?" Will asked, swimming over to Lewis.

"Yeah, Rikki's letting everyone stay in the café."

"And those other mermaids? Bella told me about them yesterday... Sirena, Lyla, Ondina and the others?" Will asked.

"And Zac," Lewis pointed at Will with his fishing rod.

Will rolled his eyes. "And Zac," he grinned. "Are they coming too?"

"Yep, and if you aren't too busy you can come too. I'm sleeping at the café as well," Lewis replied.

"Lewis, look at you being surrounded by all those girls," Will laughed.

Lewis grinned. "I can't wait!!" He laughed. "I just hope the full moon doesn't affect anyone tonight. I'll have help from Mimmi, Zac and the rest of them lot, but we'll have to make sure one of us is by Emma, Cleo, Rikki and Bella at all times..."

"I'll see if I can come," Will nodded. "I think Sophie's going to her friends house tonight, anyway."

Lewis checked his watch. "I have to go meet Cleo. I'll see you at the café at around five?"

Will nodded. "Definitely."

Lewis made his way to the Marine Park where he met Cleo, who had just finished her shift for the morning. She had asked if she could take the afternoon off, and Laurie said she could. Cleo and Lewis ate their lunch together before going to the café.