Chapter 4: First Time

Oh yeah the first time I got sent to the principal's office because I was in trouble. But that was not the only first that day.

Blaise's POV
I was walking behind Ralph. I was wide awake now. My eyes were big as saucers.

"Good job." Ralph groaned.

"I don't see your problem, aren't you use to being in the office?" I ask confused and he gives me a look and I look away.

"Listen goody two shoes, I have records."he said.

"Yes, I bet you do." I nodded.

If only I realized that was a good come back at that time lol.

He glared at me. "You have a chance of getting off the hook. I don't."he said.

"Sorry Ralph." I said with a shrug and he growled.

"Don't say my name."he snapped getting in my face.

"Sorry." I said jumping back.

"I hate my name."he said walking a bit farther ahead.

"Why?" I ask catching up.

"It sounds ugly. Like me."he mumbled the last part.

"You think your ugly?" I asked shocked.

"Why am I even talking to you?"he said looking annoyed.

"My feelings." I said dramatically and touched my heart. He scoffed and smirked. "But I don't know, why are you talking to me?" I say casually like it's so normal to talk to Ralph.

"Don't know."he said shrugging as we stood in front of the wooden door. "Well us waiting out here is not gonna make anything better."he sighed as he opened the door for us.

"You sure are being nice." I said a bit shocked.

He closed his eyes and sighed. He opened one and looked at me before closing it. Then he put his hands behind his head.

"Would you rather me be mean?"he asked.

"No." I say quickly as he smiles.

My eyes widen. That's like the first real smile he's ever had. I guess I stared to long.

"What are you looking at?"he asked with slanted eyes.

"Uh well it's the first time I've ever seen you smile." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"Whatever."he said and opened the principal's office door this time closing it in my face.

I open it right when Mr. Lewis was talking.

"Ralph, not a surprise." Mr. Lewis said sighing then he saw me. "Oh Blaise were you escorting him to me?"he asked smiling.

"No." I said looking down and his smile fell while Ralph took some gum out of the bowl on Mr. Lewis' desk.

"He's in trouble." Ralph said chewing it. Then he blew it into a bubble and popped it. "Like me."he said sitting back.

Mr. Lewis frowned more. "Why is that Blaise?"he asked.

"I'm sorry when I wake up I can't always control what I do or say until I fully wake up." I said squirming. "I'm very sorry." I said looking at the ground.

"You can go." Mr. Lewis said and I looked up. "Just don't let it happen again."he said shaking his head.

Ralph was right. I looked at him and he shrugged. 'Told ya so.'he mouthed before blowing his gum into a bubble again and popping it.

"Throw away the gum your in trouble and your making noise with it." Mr. Lewis said looking unpleasant.

Ralph shrugged and stuck it on the top of his mouth without Mr. Lewis noticing. Ralph walked to a trash can to pretend to throw something away.

"Uh Mr. Lewis?" I said making him look up.

"Yes?"he said.

"Ralph didn't technicality say anything to Ms. May directly." I said walking a few steps ahead.

'What are you doing?' Ralph mouthed.

What was I doing? Why save a bully from all the stuff he puts me through?

'Why are you still here?'he mouthed.

Those were all good questions. I don't have to be here. I could be back in class. But my brain is telling me to stay.

"Is that that right?"he said slowly.

"Yes." I said nodding my head as Mr. Lewis glanced at Ralph then me. "Fine."he sighed. "Bliase saved you this time."he said glancing at Ralph.

Ralph stood up and opened the door for us. We left the office and I sighed in relief.

"Why'd you do that?"he asked popping his gum.

"I don't know." I answered honestly.

"Was it because of guilt?"he said and I shook my head.

"Maybe it was because I just didn't think it was fair." I said and he stares at me.

"I knew you were weird."he said walking ahead of me.

"I am weird." I said and he stopped then turned around to look at me. "W.E.I.R.D." I said and he just stared at me like I was crazy. "Wonderful, Exciting, Interesting, Real, and Different." I said smiling like an idiot.

"Idiot."he said smirking. "Got anything for that?"he asked while turning away from me and started walking.

I caught up to him and smiled. "No not at the moment, I'll get back to you on that." I said and he shook his head and smiled a bit.

Weird Ralph is smiling? Hmmmm well I'm gonna think about what to write next and what to write next for I'm a cheerleader.