Now I'm seriously coasting on luck! We engaged in a playful banter, teasing each other going back and forth.

I got to know more about Zakari. He's twenty-one, in his second year at university studying computer engineering and he was at the party because he was friends with the owner of the house.

He was the type that people were just drawn to. When he spoke you could only hang on to his words and reciprocate his smile.

The afternoon passed in laughter. The more we drank the funnier we became.

All was going great until I spotted Malia on one of the recliner chairs throwing her head back and laughing. She was with Zeke, Shawn, Nassau and Asia. Zeke saw me and motioned with his hand for me to come and join them. I looked up at Zakari and he said I could go to them. He had taken up the position of the bartender and was busy pouring out drinks for people.

I didn't know that I was mindlessly drunk until I took my first steps. I staggered to my friends saying 'excuse me' and 'sorry' as I made my way through the crowd. The place was packed! Lit music was playing, everybody was cheerful! It was a dope party.

When I got to my friends Zeke was already deep into a story.

"...I swear down! Thats exactly what happened! We fucked him up and then he got knocked out it was funny shit!", he said laughing at his own story! I had no idea what he was talking about but his laugh was so contagious so we all just started laughing with him!

When he saw me standing over him he pulled me down for a hug, I fell on his laps and hugged him back. Zeke was wearing a black V necked shirt that was hugging his body tightly around the muscles that rippled across his body. I can't lie, I was in awe of his physique. It was drool-worthy!

"V! I've missed you! Where have you been hiding?", he asked.

I shifted my body to get comfortable on his lap.

"Yeah where have you been Victoria?", Malia said staring happily at me.

My happy drunk mood changed in a flash and I pursed my lips and scowled at her.

"Just chilling.", I scoffed at her. I turned to Zeke and said, "I missed you more Z!", squeezing his arm and grinning widely at him.

I had completely forgotten my mission to be polite and civil with Malia. I blame it on the alcohol.

The atmosphere turned so brittle it could snap and if it didn't then I would. There was a contiguous escalation of tension around us, and we could all sense it.

Malia stood up, her eyes never leaving me. "Victoria we need to talk.", she said sternly.

"I agree."

I got up and made my way through the crowd to the patio while Malia followed behind me.

I heard her close the sliding glass door behind her and I pushed one of the chairs to the ground my body filled with fury.

"Have a fucking seat!", I snapped as the chair fell to the ground.

"What is wrong with you. Why are you acting so childish! I'm the one who's supposed to be mad at you!", she said raising her voice at me.

I sniggered at her! I could not believe the words that were coming out of her mouth.

"You want me to be mature, fine I'll be mature", I said taking a seat. She picked up the seat from the ground, unfolded it and placed It right across from me.

I leaned in from my seat and clasped my hands together. "So my dear friend, is there anything you'd like to tell me?" I asked.

"I know I made a mistake, your reaction was uncalled for but a little understandable. I forgave you a long time ago. Now what's up with you I have important shit to tell you and you keep ignoring my calls and texts."

"Are you really going to keep up with this facade!", I yelled my voice filling with anger. "The mistake was mine for trusting you!"

"Yoh! What are you talking about?", she said tilting her head at me with narrowed eyes.

"I know about you and Jaheem Malia! So just stop lying to me! How could you do this to me?", I screamed, my eyes glossy with tears trying to blink them away.

I hadn't even noticed that we had attracted a crowd and people were peering through the glass doors at us.

Zakari was the first to slide the door open and walk in, Asia, Zeke, Shawn, Nassau and even Mr.Beards followed behind him. I stoop up and he walked up to me and cupped my face into his hands.

"Are you okay?", he asked.

Sniffing, I mouth, "Please just take me home."

******************************
A/N: Hey guys! I recommend you re-read chapters 1-3 which have been edited and more descriptions about the characters have been added.
Thank you for reading.
Your votes and comments are highly appreciated. X