Alone

I woke up in the morning with a terrible headache. This past week has been one of the worst weeks of my life. After Violet left for Nate's house she never texted me saying she was okay or anything. I wasn't sure if she was hurt or not. But she must have not been because Nate does care for her.

I was wearing the same converse of Violet's that I wear everyday, a pair of leggings, and a shirt with black sleeves and a white torso that says PINK on it. Violet gave it to me.

My hair was curled from the curling wand that I bought a few months ago. I also use the makeup Violet bought me. She did everything for me.

After I was dressed and ready to go I decide to put in some contacts. Good thing I bought them yesterday. After I put them in I look at myself in the mirror. I looked good today. Most days I look like I crawled out from the trash and went to school.

I pull out my phone and decide to take a picture. I hardly ever take pictures of myself. Mainly because I hate how I look. Plus I only take pictures of me and Violet, or of anything that looks interesting.

While I was waiting outside for the bus I hear shouting. It was from the house next to mine. There was a street in between our two houses but it was still next to mine.

Mary, the woman who lives there, was fighting with her husband Frank again. They always fight about the dumbest things. Who took the cat out last, who opened the mail, who didn't lock the door. It was all annoying.

I see the bus driving down the road when Mary pulls out a gun. I shake my head to myself knowing that this is only going to scare the kids on the bus.

The bus passes by their house and Mary shoots him in the arm. I hear kids scream on the bus from the open windows. The driver stops the bus and opens the door.

"I can't believe she just shot him!"

"We need to call 911!"

"Call 911!" Kids shout. I laugh to myself and sit down in my seat then pull out my phone.

"Hello?" She asks.

"Hey Kira. Mary shot Frank again so you might be getting calls from worried teens on my bus." I tell her.

"Okay. Thank you baby. Have a good day at school, and I think you're coming over here tonight." She says. I smile big.

"Okay. See you later then."

"Bye baby." She says then hangs up. Kira was like my aunt. She was my mom's best friend when my mom was clean. Since she's started using Kira and I have stayed in contact. I sometimes go over to her house so I can have a break from my mom.

When the bus gets to school everyone gets off the bus and runs to their friends. Me on the other hand just goes to my locker and wait till I can get out of here. My locker was in the middle of the hall. Not many people use their locker but I use it for everything. When I open my locker I grab out my history book. While I was pulling it out something fell out of my locker.

'To JJ'

That was written on the envelope that fell out of my locker. I look at it and open it. I look inside and find money. Not just twenty dollars but a ton of money. There was a note in it with all the cash.

"Dear Jaylyn,

I'm writing this note knowing you're going to freak out finding the money in the envelope. Well don't. It's one grand so it's enough for you to buy something nice to wear and get your hair cut, new make up anything you want. But what I really want you to do is to have all that stuff done and worn and be at this address on Friday. See you at 8:00." The note says. I look at the bottom of the of the note and there is an address on it. I shake my head and put it away.