Chapter 65: I'll Be Here For You Sweetheart

September 23, 1993

Becky's POV

So ... now I'm two months pregnant with mine and Michael's second child, and it's been fine. Michael said we could manage with four children, and that we would be okay. I believe him.

Today is the start of the weekend, so Michael is off work for a couple days. Today we're going to the park with Jason and Ollie, and Miracle of course.

We aren't leaving yet though, as it's still early in the morning. It's only 8:00am, so we'll probably go at around lunch time; maybe just after. Meaning ... we have a morning of doing whatever. Michael suggested a couple board games, which I think is a cute idea.

We're currently setting up the board for Snakes and Ladders, placing the counters on the start square.

"Jason! Ollie!" I call upstairs. "Come down here!"

The same two pairs of footsteps come downstairs as always, until Ollie enters the living room first, followed by Jason.

"What are we doing?" Ollie asks.

"We're gonna play a game," Michael states.

"Snakes and Ladders?" Jason questions.

"Yes ... Snakes and Ladders, Jason," I answer.

"Oh, cool," he says.

They both take a seat around the table with me and Michael, before the four of us choose a counter colour each. Naturally, Michael chooses red, I choose blue, Jason has green, and Ollie has yellow.

We decide to roll the dice in age order, meaning Ollie goes first. He rolls a five, and moves his counter that many spaces. Next is Jason, who gets a four. I get a six, putting me in the lead, and Michael gets a four like Jason.

After receiving four consecutive ones, I start feeling my hands itch like crazy, so badly that I can barely even hold the dice without needing to scratch. I've had this itchiness for about four weeks now; I still wonder what it is. Michael gives an amused yet confused smile.

"What's up with you?" he chuckles.

"I ... don't know," I answer, finding the amusement too, "Weird!"

"Can you roll your dice? Or do you want me to do it for you, sweetheart?" Michael asks.

"Uh ... could you roll it for me, please?" I question.

He nods and beams at me, taking the dice from my hand and rolling it for me. He gets me a five, making me land on a ladder.

"Thanks Michael!" I laugh.

He winks at me – which I still can't help but find sexy – and takes his own turn. He lands a two, giving him a snake.

"Ha!" I taunt, pointing my itching finger at him mockingly, "You goin' down, Jackson!"

He shakes his head and snickers at my reaction, sliding his counter down the snake, going back to square twelve – all the way from square seventy-three.

"You gon' lose, Michael!" I add to my taunt.

He grins, laughing once more, "Yeah, yeah, Little Miss Itchy Hands. Whateverrrr!" He prolongs the "r" on "Whatever".

I rub my hands together, desperately trying to get rid of the itchiness, but it's no use. It's really bugging me now. My feet are also starting to itch as well. What's happening?

"This is really starting to bug me ... just saying," I state irritably.

Michael furrows his eyebrows, coming to sit next to me. Forgetting the game, he places an arm around me, stroking my hair gently to comfort me.