Under the starry night sky

"Aww, aren't they cute?" Someone yelled and broke the eye contact of Kyle and Mia. Both of them turned to the owner of the voice.

Again?

It was the blonde guy that bothered Mia and her friends a few weeks ago. He had 13 buddies with him and it seemed that all of them drank alcohol though a few didn't seem to be drunk. The blondy guy was drunk as hell.

"All lovey-dovey in the middle of the night in our park," He said in a fake girly and pouting voice before he became serious and pointed at Kyle. "I waited for a chance to meet you again." His eyes were hard and cold as he glared at Kyle who didn't say anything. Instead Kyle took Mia's arm and shoved her a bit behind him though she took a step to stand next to him again.

I don't have the time for this.

Annoyed Kyle looked at Mia before he turned to the blonde man.

"What do you want?" He asked threatening. The guy laughed.

"I will show what it means to mess with me," He said smirking and all of his friends got closer.

14. This will be tough since I can't use my magic.

Kyle turned to Mia.

"Run away and don't look back," He said in a low voice. "I will take care of these guys but this won't be pretty."

"No."

What?

Kyle was stunned.

"No?" He asked.

"No," Mia stated firmly. "You taught me how to fight so I won't run away and leave you behind."

After she said that Kyle grinned. He may promised Ivy to take care of Mia and don't let her be in danger but he couldn't command her to do something, right? If Mia wanted to stay then she was allowed to. How could Kyle ever think that she was just a damsel in distress? She would never abandon someone. Just like her sister, Mia stood her ground and didn't let other people push her around. He liked that.

"I'm proud of you," He whispered in her ear which made her blush. Then the both of them turned towards the gang.

"Did you say goodbye to your girlfriend? Because you won't see her for a while when we're done with you," The blonde mocked. And then everyone stormed towards Kyle who just stood there, ready to fight.

For 10 minutes Kyle dodged, punched, ducked and jumped. He dealt many blows until not even one man stood. The 14 guys groaned with pain as he stepped over the bodies to Mia who was breathless. She didn't have to fight much since everyone attacked Kyle and whenever someone dared to attempt to punch Mia Kyle immediately knocked him out.

"Are you alright?" He asked her concerned as he took her face into both of his hands to look for injuries. Mia just stood there and looked at him with wide eyes.

Why isn't she saying anything? Maybe an emotional shock?

Kyle tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, took her hands to warm them and led Mia to a bench away from the gang that laid on the floor. She still only looked at him, surprised, shocked, whatever, Kyle couldn't tell. He kneeled down in front of Mia and looked at her intense.

"Are you okay?" He asked her softly but also urgently. For a moment she didn't react but then Mia nodded barely. Kyle took a deep breath he noticed only know he was holding.

"I'm glad," He said while looking down. "I'm sorry that you had to see this, I didn't want to ruin our evening." Mia put a hand at his cheek which made him look up. Her gaze was now full of admiration and happiness.