The problem called crush

The next day passed by without any incidents expect for one. Mia walked home together with Lisa because they wanted to do homework and help each other. Kyle half-listened to their conversation until Mia said something about self-defense. That was the moment when he focussed on the conversation and what he heard made him worry.

"You want to attend to a self-defense class?" Lisa asked.

"No," Mia denied. "I want to attend to a combat sport class. I want to learn how to defend myself but not the regular way. Everyone knows the tricks about keeping your bag close to you, putting the thumb out of your fist and all the other ones you learn in a normal self-defense class. I want to learn how to fight seriously, how to overcome my fear and how to become more self-confident."

"Do you already know where you'll find such a course?" Lisa asked whereat Mia only shook her head.

"I think I will just look through the internet if I find someone who teaches combat sport nearby," was her answer. Kyle didn't like it at all. In this city there weren't any people that knew how to fight and teached women without any ulterior motives. He needed to solve the problem before Mia gets in trouble.

~~~

In the next few days Kyle found out that the girls wanted to have a sleep over at Belly's house so that is why they bought so many things. Now it was Friday and the evening approached with each second that passed. Kyle already prepared himself for a sleepless night when he sensed a car that drove to Mia's house.

She's early.

He sped up and arrived at Mia's house right when she got in the car. She and Amelie concluded that Amelie would pick Mia up on her way to Belly. Kyle didn't have problems to follow the car since his wings were vigorous and can carry him fast through the air.

Luckily the house was like Mia's in an outlying district so there were enough trees in which he could hide himself. Kyle landed on a large tree on the side where he could see the living room with the TV. He expected them to be there and he was right. After about 20 minutes all four girls came into the room carrying all kinds of food: chips, chocolate, popcorn, pudding and much more. Kyle cringed when he saw the food.

How can someone eat this?

So he only sat there and watched them eating the food, talking and laughing all the time. Kyle didn't listen to their conversation since it was rude so instead he leaned against the trunk content with only looking at the girls. Suddenly Mia, Belly and Lisa turned their heads towards Amelie at the same time. Instantly Kyle straightened himself to watch them more precisely. Mia began to smile so big with shining eyes which made Kyle shift uncomfortable.

He wanted to know what made her smile. He didn't see her smile like this for a long time so what the hell did Amelie say? As he considered if he should listen to them or not the girls did a big group hug and he couldn't take it anymore so he used his sensitive hearing.

"I am so happy for you!" Belly said smiling.

"Who is the lucky one?" Mia said.

"I am pretty sure you don't know him..." Amelie said avoiding her answer.

"Amy! You just told us that you have a crush and you don't want to tell us who it is?" Mia said with a playful threatening tone, her smile never leaving her face.

"Does he goes to our school?" Lisa tossed in which silenced Belly and Mia immediately. All of them impatiently looked at Amelie as they waited for her answer. Finally she spoke up.

"Yes." The three squealed and now Amelie began to smile with the hint of a blush on her face. She brought her two hands to her cheeks to cover them.

"He's so cool, seriously. He is inconspicuous so I didn't notice him until recently but now that I saw him once I am wondering how I could have ever not notice him?" She told her friends with a flushed face.

"What's his name?" Belly asked.

"I don't know," Amelie answered truthfully. "The teachers never mentioned his name somehow."

"How did you notice him? And when?" The next question came from Mia.

Amelie pondered a bit before she answered, "In class. He is sitting in the row behind us next to the window." Kyle froze as soon as these words left her lips.

Fuck.

This was getting worse. He thought that the one time she looked at him was only accidental but it seemed that he underestimated the situation. If she kept being conscious of him the other girls will notice him, too, which includes Mia. He couldn't let that happen. Still, Mia seemed so happy for her best friend and somehow he was a part of it. It couldn't be so bad, right?

This question remained on his mind when the girls were already sleeping but soon it was replaced with the fact that Mia wanted to learn how to fight and he knew she would get what she wanted. After one hour of balancing pros and cons of his idea Kyle decided that he would do it. He flew to his house, took a sheet of paper and a pen and began to write:

Offer Training!

You want to learn how to fight? How to defend yourself? I am a combat fighting pro and ready to share my knowledge. Just call this number and do a trial lesson. After that decide if you want to attend this class any more :)

He didn't want to write more text so that he doesn't give away too much information about himself but Kyle decided that this was enough. He took tape, flew to Mia's house and taped the sheet of paper on a lantern in front of her house. She would unavoidable see it and Kyle hoped that she would call him. It would be perfect if she trained with him. He would teach her combat and was near her without hiding himself and at the same time she wouldn't attend classes of a stranger.

Anxiously he waited for her to leave Belly's house and go home but she took her sweet time the next day. The girls slept until 4 p.m. and Mia finally went home  at 7 p.m. so that she could eat dinner with her parents. When she arrived at her house she stopped in front of his note. Then she took it and read it right there. Kyle waited until he saw Mia taking her phone out of her bag and shortly after his own phone vibrated in his pocket.

She called him.

After a moment of hesitation Kyle answered his phone.

"Hello?" His voice was low as he said this word. This was the first time in forever that he talked to her.

"Hello? My name is Mia and I just saw your note," She said. He didn't say anything so after a short moment Mia spoke on.

"I am interested in attending your class. When can I take the trial lesson?" Kyle noticed a hint of tension in her voice. Wait...

When?

"What about the day after tomorrow at 5 p.m?" He suggested.

"Sounds good. And where do I have to go?" Mia asked. He didn't think about this though Kyle already had a certain spot on his mind but he had to make sure they can go there.

"I will text you the address."

"Okay, awesome! Bye!" She said.

Kyle ended the call and watched Mia. She stood there for a few more seconds, her phone still on her ear when she finally decided to go in.