Cat-whistle

At 6:45 o'clock Mia's alarm clock went off. Groaning she turned towards the noise of her cell phone, saw the time and collapsed unmotivated back into her pillow. The man hid his wings and climbed behind the trunk so that she wouldn't see him if she looked outside. His dark blue eyes watched every movement of her as she opened the window and took a deep breath. Her brown hair was tousled but it looked cute.

She was still so tired that her eyes were just slits when she blinked against the sunlight. A man in his late 30's walked down the street. He wore a grey suit and a briefcase. No danger. Mia's neighbourhood was safe because all people that lived here had families. He was the only one that didn't fit in this environment.

Luckily it was summer so that the tree in which the man sat was green and full of leaves. But as soon as Mia went to school he will have to change his clothes and follow her. She took her clothes for the day and went to the bathroom. Now was the time.

He spread his wings and raised himself into the air. As fast as he could he flew to a small house that was a bit far in the woods. He opened the dark brown door and entered the house. There were only three rooms. The biggest one was right there when you come in. On the opposite wall was a big bed and small windows along the wall. In the bottom left-hand corner there was a desk with items to paint. On the right side were two doors. The posterior led to the kitchen that was sparsely equipped.

The man entered the anterior door that led to the bathroom. It was small. There were only a bath tub, a toilet and a sink with a small mirror above.

He took a shower as fast as he could and changed into his school uniform. It consists of black shoes, a long dark blue jeans and a white shirt with the first buttons open. He quickly took his backpack and sprinted out of the door with his black jacket over his arm. As the man left the house he locked the door, spread his wings and flew through the air.

Right in front of Mia's house he hid behind a tree well out of sight of anybody. Mia left her house and began to walk to school. The whole 20 minutes walk he watched her until she arrived at school and greeted her friends. Then the man landed, made his wings invisible and entered school. It was unnatural for a boy to have wings so he needed to dissipate them into little pieces. Later he could create them new. Nobody talked to him as he walked to his locker to get his books. Then an arm was thrown around his shoulders.

"Yo, Kyle!" Aiden greeted him. He had orange hair and green eyes. He wore the same clothes as but his jeans and shirt were looser. He smiled as Kyle didn't do anything but ignore this guy.

"Mute as ever, huh?" He smirked.

"Let's go to our room," Kyle said closing his locker while Aiden jumped in the air.

"Yey, he actually can talk." In the class room the both of them went to their seats in the back of the class. As they sat down he saw Mia entering the room with her friends. They sat down in the row right in front of the boys. Kyle looked out of the window while listening to their conversation.

"So we are going to buy what we need after school?" Mia asked the other three girls.

"Yup," The only blonde in the group agreed to her. Kyle noted mentally that Mia had plans soon. He just needed to find out what she was about to do. Then suddenly he turned his head to look to Aiden and noticed that the blonde looked right at him. Noone ever looked at him. He was good at hiding himself and being unobtrusive. That she noticed him was the first time in forever.

Kyle held the look until she broke their eye contact blushing. As he turned his head to look what Aiden was doing he noticed him talking to the other guys. The room was now full of students and the teacher came in and put his bag on the table in front of the class. The whole lesson Kyle watched Mia. She was a diligent student. She listened the whole time to the teacher, made notes and put her hands up very often. He liked that side of her. When she's attentive and concentrated.