Immortality

,
Lilly's POV

Darkness.........dust, everything was clear. Sounds, heartbeats, voices, so....pure. Smells, strange and full of flavour. Blood, human blood, sweet blood.......I looked down at my hand. Pale, colourless but delicate. Gingerly, I got up and walked towards the mirror. What I saw sent a wave of shock through my body. I was pale, my hair literally glowed. My face was flawless with no freckles or anything. My eyes where as red as blood.....blood. My throat began to burn at the mention of it. The sudden realisation that I was a vampire began to sink in. I had to control my thirst. I needed to hunt, but how when I smelt human? Could I trust myself? I heard feet coming up the stairs. A man appeared at the doorway. Aro! I flung myself into his arms and embraced him in a bone crushing hug. He flinched and I let go.
"Sorry" I muttered sheepishly. He grinned.
"Your beautiful" he complimented.
"Thanks" I grinned. The burning in my throat hurt a lot.
"You need to hunt" Aro said, leading me to the window. I stopped dead still
"Can I be around humans? Will you take me away from them?" I quizzed. He nodded and lead me to the forest. It was their I made my first kill.....a deer. The sweet blood was like a pain killer. It soothed me and made me feel better.
"Does that taste good, love?" Aro asked.
"Ummm" I muttered in delight. He chuckled. Once I had finished I ate two more before calling it a day for hunting. Suddenly, the trees rustled......