Chapter 19- Trucks and Teasing

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any part of Twilight or its characters, they are all owned by Stephanie Meyer.

Chapter 19- Trucks and Teasing

I floated happily inside after Edward left, still on a high from the kiss. Charlie looked up from the TV as I passed the lounge room. "Did you have a good time?"

I smiled radiantly at him, "The best Dad," I answered as I passed him and headed upstairs. I showered leisurely, running over my action packed night. Edward's reaction had been interesting, I didn't realise that he felt so strongly about being a vampire. I was definitely not going to tolerate him calling himself a monster anymore. I had been so desperate for him to stop calling himself that that I had blurted out that I loved him on the spot. It had made me nervous when he had literally frozen solid for a few seconds. When he didn't say anything, simply getting out of the car, I was worried that I had said something wrong- or that maybe I was wrong about the reason he had been shadowing me, perhaps he had just been curious. But all my concerns had dissipated the moment he had pulled me to his chest and whispered that he loved me too. I was sure my heart would burst on the spot at his words. His kiss had left me breathless- literally, and I had immediately wished I was already a vampire so that I wouldn't need air.

Of course, inevitably, as I turned off the shower the guilt set in. I knew so much about Edward and his family, including their biggest secret, yet he knew next to nothing about me. I got dressed, wallowing in my guilt- I knew Edward would see straight through me if I didn't admit something soon.

By the time I had gotten dressed and called down, "Night Dad," to Charlie, I had decided that it was time for another phone call to Volterra before Edward arrived.

I filled them all in on my night, Demetri and Felix congratulating me on taking out four men. "Go Bella!" they cheered. Though I could tell that they would have been happier to have been with me and taken care of the men themselves- they took their status as my guards seriously.

My whole family was overjoyed that we had finally professed our love for each other, and I received Aro's smug "I told you so," with good grace.

Finally I got around to explaining how guilty I felt. "I can't keep secrets from them guys; I love them, and I can't do it. I have to tell them. I understand if you don't want me telling them about you guys, and I won't do that unless you ask me too- but I need to at least tell them about my shield." I said. "Besides, it will give them some insurance that I won't tell anyone about them either." I explained.

Aro sighed, "Well, if you're sure Bella, I know how closely you've guarded your secret, and if you feel you can trust them, then go ahead. I know Carlisle is a man with a lot of integrity, and I'm sure his family is too." The others agreed with him.

"Thanks guys," I said, relieved. "I gotta go now, I have school tomorrow, and Edward should be arriving soon." The minute those words came out of my mouth I kicked myself.

They pounced. "He's been spending his nights in your room?" Caius roared.

"Aww, how sweet," Heidi cooed.

'It's not sweet," Marcus argued, "It's inappropriate to creep into a young girl's room- especially uninvited."

I rolled my eyes, even though they couldn't see it. "Guys relax, I like him spending the nights, and don't worry uncles, we won't do anything inappropriate."

"Better not," Caius muttered, "I feel we should at least get to interrogate him before we let you go on a date with him," he grumbled, "If you were already a vampire and we could reveal who you were, then we'd have at least sent Felix and Demetri to rough him up a bit and threaten him."