Chapter 8-family

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any part of Twilight or its characters, they are all owned by Stephanie Meyer.

Chapter 8- Family!

BPOV

When I got home, I headed to my room and, pressing 1 on my phone to speed dial Volterra. A few moments later Aro answered and I launched into a description of my first day. "Aro, you'll never believe my luck. It seems that I attract vampires wherever I go!" I said. "Forks High school has five vegetarian vampires attending it." I explained.

"The Cullens?" he asked.

"Yep, and apparently their father, Dr Cullen works at the hospital. Ring any bells?" I asked. Not waiting for his reply I continued, "Oh, and they must have a few gifts amongst them. I swear I heard two of them have a one-sided conversation."

He chuckled, "You're right," he confirmed, "Eleazer mentioned a while back that Edward Cullen is a mind reader, Alice Cullen can see the future, based on people's decisions, and Jasper is an empath."

I was surprised, "A very talented family," I murmured, "I'll bet that's why Edward looked frustrated with me, he can't read my mind," I snickered.

Aro laughed with me, "It's probably the first time he's ever encountered someone whose mind he couldn't read." He mused.

"Yeah," I agreed. Then a thought occurred to me. "That's why you suggested that we'd be a good match isn't it!" I accused. "You knew I would be immune to his mind reading!" I was annoyed. Aro stayed silent as a quietly fumed, cursing Aro and his matchmaking. "Don't get any ideas." I warned him.

Then I suddenly realised that I had gone off track, and forgotten about my Biology lesson. "Aro, something happened today with Edward." I paused, unsure of how to describe it. "Edward seemed perfectly fine with all the other students, he didn't look thirsty at all, but the minute he smelt my scent he tensed up, his eyes turned black, and he looked like he was trying to stop himself from killing me." I said describing the strange experience.

Aro immediately sounded concerned, and I could hear my two worried guards in the background mumbling about plans to kill Edward if he even thought about hurting me. "Bella, you are going to have to be very careful around him," Aro warned, "I have a feeling that you are his La Tua Cantante, or his singer. Your blood calls to him. I'm actually surprised that he managed to resist. The memories I have seen from other vampires who have met their singers all showed an irresistible urge to drink their singer's blood. In fact, I've never met a vampire that managed to resist their singer." His explanation made me worried and I felt sorry for Edward.

"Perhaps we should send your guard to Forks to keep you safe." Aro suggested. In the background I could hear Caius and Marcus agreeing.

I saw red. "Absolutely not!" I yelled. "I do not need to be babysat anymore Uncle Aro, and I forbid them to come. I am perfectly able to take care of myself, and in case you've forgotten, I do have a shield." I ranted, furious that he thought I couldn't protect myself.

"I can't believe you would even suggest it, or that Uncle Marcus and Caius would agree. How would we explain why there are suddenly two new vampires in Forks who seem to be mysteriously shadowing me? The Cullens would be sure to notice, in fact Carlisle would recognise them, and wonder what the Volturi wanted with me. That wouldn't be suspicious at all." I finished sarcastically. "Besides, I'm not going to allow Felix an Demetri to hunt anywhere near Forks, so they can't come." I added as an afterthought.

"I'm more worried about what will happen if Edward loses control and tries to attack me in public." I explained. "We would have a hard time explaining why he pounced on me, and an even harder time trying to come up with a good reason as to why I wasn't hurt." I stated.