Chapter 9- Driving Skills

BPOV

I managed to only trip twice in gym, both times because I was distracted y Jess and Lauren's pointless interrogations. Feeling relieved that another day of school was over; I left the gym, heading for my truck. My sixth sense suddenly kicked in, and I automatically shielded myself, my second skin comforting me. Suddenly Mike came up beside me, grabbing my arm and spinning me towards him, my back now up against the building. "Hey Bella, I'm sorry about before." He apologized. "How about I make it up to you by taking you to dinner," he offered with a smooth voice. He would have to do better than that, I mused; he had nothing on vampires and their dazzling skills. My skin crawled as I realised that Mike was running his hands up my arms. I froze as his fingers deliberately dipped inwards, trying to cop a feel.

I scowled at him, "There is no way in HELL that I would ever go out with you Mike." I growled out before wrenching myself out of his grasp and taking off for the parking lot at a run. Never had I been more tempted to kill a human.

I could hear him chasing after me as I neared the parking lot. I knew my truck was on the other side of the lot, and I desperately looked around for a means of escape.

My eyes alighted on a red monster jeep, parked close to me. It was already started, and as I reached it Emmett hopped into the driver's seat. Before he closed the door, I raced up, and jumped, using my shield to push me. I landed on Emmett's lap. Shutting the door, I quickly put the jeep in reverse and slammed my foot on the accelerator.

I performed a perfect 180, spinning the jeep quickly around, and sped out of the parking lot. By the time we reached the end of the parking lot, the jeep was already going at 60mph and I was thanking my lucky stars that vampires liked fast cars. I looked in the rear view mirror and cursed when I saw that Mike had gotten in his car and was attempting to follow me, no doubt to apologize again.

I sped up, drifting the jeep around a tight corner, and then swinging a tight left onto the main highway. Once on the highway, I effortlessly worked my way through the gears, until we were cruising at over 200mph as I weaved through the sparse traffic. I kept up the speed until we reached Port Angeles.

Realising how far I'd driven in my attempt to escape from Mike, I slowed down and did a handbrake park, easily spinning the jeep into a parking space. I turned off the jeep, and threw my head back, hitting Emmett's chest in the process. "Please tell me that Mike is not following me anymore" I begged. They were silent for a moment before Alice piped up.

"No, he gave up when you turned onto the highway," she assured me. I let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank God," I muttered, relieved. "I don't think I could handle him apologising again while trying to grope me." I shuddered at the memory, disgust lacing my tone.

Then I suddenly realised where I was. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry guys. I barely know you and I hijacked you and your car and took you all the way to Port Angeles." I exclaimed, horrified by what I'd done. "I am so sorry." I said again.

Jasper spoke up, a sense of calmness washing over me as he talked, "It's alright Bella we're fine." He assured me.

"Yeah," Alice added, "If Mike tried to grope me I'd probably do the same thing."

I laughed, "No you wouldn't, you'd probably get Jasper to eat him instead," I snickered. They chuckled, thinking that I didn't know just how funny they found my comment.

"That's one advantage of having a boyfriend," Alice conceded.

"If you need someone to scare him away let me know," Emmett offered, "I love scaring people." To prove his point he grinned at me, showing his bright, sharp teeth. I smiled back, completely unafraid, and his expression turned to disappointment.