Chapter 7- Forks

Chapter 7- Forks

Before moving to Forks I bid my vampire family, and mum and Phil goodbye, taking a few of my favourite things from my tower and my room in Phoenix, including my small harp (there wouldn't be room in my Forks bedroom for a full sized concert grand harp) , guitar, flute, and a few of my favourite paintings. I planned to buy a car when I got there because I had no intentions of riding around in the police cruiser with my father- the Chief of Police. I also couldn't let Santiago ship my Audi R8, or my Bugatti Veyron to the US for me because they would stick out badly in such a little town, and I didn't want that kind of attention. Instead, I figured that I would probably get a small, relatively inconspicuous car that could still go fast- I hated driving slowly. I promised Santiago that I would let him know what I bought so that he could send me the parts I would need to boost the engine and tune the car.

I promised to regularly call and email my vampires, and said goodbye, wondering what life would be like in Forks, with my father and two full years of high school awaiting me.

I had packed lightly, intending to go shopping once I was there, I knew I would need more warm clothes and coats as it was always cloudy in Forks, and rained for at least 300 days a year. Heidi had been disappointed that she wouldn't be able to send me loads of clothes, but I had been firm, knowing that my relatively small closet in Forks wouldn't be able to hold the copious amounts that she normally bought me.

Didyme and Sulpicia had helped me select some of my favourite jewellery to wear to dances and proms, which they made me promise to attend. I hoped the kids at school would think that it was costume jewellery, as some of it used to be crown jewels of England, and was ornate, beautiful and priceless. I didn't need people asking questions about where I had gotten it.

Before I left, I had promised Aro, Marcus and Caius that I would only use my shields if I was in danger, or practising somewhere where I was sure I was alone. I also couldn't tell anyone of my connection to them in the unlikely event that I ran into any vampires. Most importantly, I was under no circumstances to tell anyone I was the Volturi Princess, or tell anyone about my gift. All of these promises I made, I knew that if anyone found out about my give, or my ties to the Volturi I would be in danger, and I fully intended to live my life in Forks like a normal human.

I got off the plane in Port Angeles, easily spotting Charlie in the crowd, his police officer uniform making him stand out. "Hi Dad." I greeted him.

"Hi Bells." He said, hugging me softly. We grabbed my luggage and headed for what would be my permanent home for the next two years.

It was mainly silent as we drove, Charlie wasn't one for small talk, and neither was I. Eventually though, Charlie broke the silence. "Oh yeah, you got about 20 magazines in the mail yesterday." He seemed puzzled.

I smiled. "Yeah dad, they'll be coming every month, I have subscriptions to them all." I explained. The only changes in my magazine subscriptions over the years had been the change of the two children's magazines for Vogue and TV Weekly, the rest were still the same.

I looked down at my cuff, running my fingers softly over it and smiling as I was reminded of my vampires. My cuff had been resized a couple of times over the years as I grew, but it was still the same, the 12 diamonds, combining to a total of 6ct, still sparkling brightly in the sun at the centre of the engraved freesias.

"Oh, and I bought you a car." He said. I inwardly winced, certain that as the police chief he would have chosen the slowest and safest transport possible. I smiled at him, "Thanks Dad, but you didn't have to do that, I was happy to buy my own."

"Oh it's okay Bella. It's Billy's old 1953 Chevy truck, and he sold it to me pretty cheap." He explained, looking pretty proud of himself. "It was just sitting around now that he's in a wheelchair and can't drive."